What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Office Terrarium Examples

MrFlyTrap2

OMG h8 pings
Hello everyone,

I'm still digging around here, but I miss my plants while at work as a result I've decided that I need a sundew terrarium here at work. The temperatures are always constant, and I even have a south window that gets light during the day, I'd probably need a hood light. (Sometimes I have to close the blinds due to glare on the monitor)

So far I'm leaning toward a 10 gallon tank with a nice hood, but maybe a 20. I just feel there'd be too much wasted space in the 20 since the vertical dimension goes too high.

I'd like to hear input on specific hood lights people use on either of those dimensions. Keep in mind this is an office and it has to look presentable! So while I love home brew setups, it probably can't be used here.

Also I'm debating how to present them in pots that will make it look good as well, so I'd love to see some pics of any small dew terrariums that might work.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

You can buy hoods with a single T8 in them at Walmart for about $23. Otherwise, I don't know.

well no it gets light from a south window the tank could overheat.

Well i think a hood would work fine with mylar or somewting on some of the outside walls ???

a ten gallon would do well, just make sure it doesn't overheat on the window.

get a thermometer and hydrogometer and than yuo can test it in diffrernt places till you find a place it works

Use those strip lights there 8 bucks apiece or do a CF hood since those put out lots of light(well the 4 footers are better) for a 10 gallon.

For my terrarium I just use an aqaurium hood light from Petco.

Back