What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running out of room, time to upgrade.

• Thread starter whowe
  • Start date
Suggestions and advice are welcome. Sorry, was tired when posted. Also forgot to put the cobra lily pics on, but will get them up in short order.

do you have flytraps in a terrarium? , if so get them out!
if you ever have an extra sensitive plant, keep me in mind ;)

do you have flytraps in a terrarium? , if so get them out!

Why??

I have had flytraps in a terrarium for more than an year until I removed them due to grow media. drainage and space issues. They did perfectly fine. ;) Sometimes, more than the container...its the light that matters. ;)

Picture-130.jpg

By vraev at 2007-04-14

vraev, how do you give them dormancy in that terrarium?

I think the plants will last a year or two and if they die because not given dormancy the divisions will take there place.

Well I moved many of my non warm needing CPs into my windowsill still want more room :) My 55 gallon tank has room but man more room needed :jester:

Well....the year they were in the terrarium, I didn't give them dormancy. However, this year, I had them in pots and I had put them in the garage to get them dormant.

Sorry to those of you who tried to look but the site was unavailable... I have fixed the problem so you should be able to view now...

I like your little sensitive plant seedlings.
I really miss my sensitive plant, mimosa pudica was it? I started one from seed about 2 years ago and it grew amazingly well. When I moved here to NC from NJ it died, came back to life for a little bit, then died again.
I may have the seeds lying around somewhere... Do you know if theres any scrap of hope for germination?
-matt

Just make sure to soak your seeds in hot hot water for 30 min before sewing... you should be ok. I planted 12 and 10 came up..I'm going to keep a couple to harvest seeds as the price for these little fellows is outrageous. I Love the plant, and find it funny that it is considered a weed (or at least some members of the mimosa family) in other parts of the world.

Alright, thanks a lot! If I ever find those seeds I'll give it a shot.

Back