What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just put my buckets of minibogs outside... and it's snowing!

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
We have overnight lows to be forecasted to be 27 and 30 for the next couple days. Can my Sarracenias, VFT's, and cobra lily handle that or should I bring them in to the room temp of the living room?

Last year it did this. Killed 80% of my growth points, but on the bright side I've got twice as many now since more sprouted from the Rhizome.

The pitchers weren't worth crap last year, though. I'll be bringing mine inside as it's supposed to snow Monday. It was 81 the day before yesterday, and is supposed to snow tomorrow. Weird.

Jim,
the plants can probably handle the cold just fine..
but why risk it?
why freeze them if you dont have to?

I am going to being my plants indoors for the next few days..
we also have a lows forecast below freezing for the next few nights.

yes, its probably not necessary to bring them indoors, but if I can prevent my plants from freezing, which I can, I figure thats better for them than letting them go into a mild freeze
or frost..If I had them outdoors in a bog, they would just have to live with it! ;)
but since I dont have to let them freeze, I choose not to let them freeze..

Scot

Looks like I'll take them in for a few days as well. We have the same weather, an hour apart.

It was snowing here yesterday, too. This weather is making my mood exponentially worse every day...

xvart.

It rebounds after Tuesday!

Back