What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! want to build my own terrarium, dont know how!

laxgoal

I Like Watching Things Grow...
Ok, so basically i have figured out the cheapest 65 gallon tank i could font would run me about 150 dollars...

I really would not like to spend that much, so i was wondering if it would be feesable for me to build my own terrarium? i want the specs to be 48x18x17

I am good at following directions, but i need to know some basic tecniques about constructong a terrarium. I dont need anything fancy.

I'd get a used one form Graig's list that leaks. Fix it up then you can hold a quarter inch of water in it then buy a 4 foot fixture or fit 2 on. Check ebay you can get one for a steal sometimes.

www.freecycle.org as well. When I was on that list, I got both a 40 gal and a 55 gal tank for FREE. The 55 has cracks in one side but will be fine for plants. I put out a request for a large tank and someone had the 40 laying around and gave it to me. The 55 was offered by someone and I was fortunate enough to claim it first.

I needf a 40 gallont hat doesn't leak :D I'll look into it

Back