What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vraev

Carnivorous plant enthusiast
Admin
Hey guys,

Here are some pics of my plants:

2546213515_2650ee6017_o.jpg
2546213561_0b62e50660_o.jpg
2547037100_2fae0b6b68_o.jpg

2546213729_f56b98b25b_o.jpg
2546213789_52e1b366a1_o.jpg
2546213891_7123bf1698_o.jpg

2546214111_55aef3e35d_o.jpg
2547037360_87b3b1da7d_o.jpg
2547037424_34be3e21dd_o.jpg

1) Dionaea muscipula | Seed grown 2 yr old
2) Dionaea muscipula |Typical/red-line cuttings { source plant: Keehns Carnivores, BC, Canada}
3) Dionaea muscipula | Seed grown 2 yr old
4) Dionaea muscipula | 2 yr old seedlings + Drosera x lakebadgerup
5) pill bug digested in the trap
6) Dionaea muscipula | 2 yr old seedlings
7) Dionaea muscipula | Typical cuttings { source plant: Keehns Carnivores, BC, Canada}
8) Darlingtonia californica
9) Cephalotus follicularis | Thanks av8tor1 :)

cheers,

Varun

Nice plants. I really like those drosera.

thanks man! :) yeah! it keeps dividing as offshoots. However, trying to repot always results in a high mortality rate so I don't even bother.

I really like your consistent moss growth, any recipes? :)

lol...no. I infact want to get rid of it. If you don't have this moss....you are lucky. Really! the moss tends to choke out the plants. I agree...I like the look of moss too...but I have been trying to grow polytrichum along wiht my plants but it seems to need very high humidity. :(

:0o: Drooooooooooooooooooooool, wow absolutely BEAUTIFUL pics, love love love the VFTs, The moss really does look awsome and so pretty, how can i get some like that to grow in some of my pots? I got only a few pots where some diffrent tiny tiny moss grows.
Thanks for sharing such wonderful pics..

lol! thanks mate! Well....do u notice in pic1 and pic3 little stalk like things standing up with green powder like substance. You can see some of it on the plants too. These are moss spores. all u need to do is tap it and thats it....spores fly all over the place and germinate into moss. I literally keep throwing away carpets of this stuff. It does really choke plants. :(

soo cute when the vft's and the dews are together :)

5 words for VFT:
B E A U Tiful

:clap:

outstanding pics V, well done mate
Av

The coloration on your darlingtonia is impressive!

Thanks for sharing your photos.

5 words for VFT:
B E A U Tiful

4 letters and half a word actually :poke:

Anyway vraev I guess some of those are the little seedling that were in the small plastic cup, they are really looking good

I love that pic witht the baby VFT and the pygmies! In thew first pic, what Sarr is that?

Thanks soo much for the compliments guys. :) lol! Yup celox, those ALL are the seedlings from the small tiny cup:

dmseedsgr5.jpg

By vraev at 2007-02-18

@ capensis, I don't really know what the sarr is. A local friend of mine has tons of sarrs in his greenhouse and they cross pollinated naturally and this was a seed mix he sent to quite a few of us. Of that mix I had only 4 or so germinate. This is one of them.

thanks Jeff! Thanks B!! :)

here is a more complete picture of my cobra.

2548096341_a8ba1b9c7b_o.jpg

I've been wondering this for a while now, but it was said that cobra's were really hard to grow inside due to the root cooling that was needed...

did you address this? or just grow em anyways?

I absolutely love the plant and wish I could grow it in my terrarium...

I just grow them anyways. :p lol! they don't really seem very fussy at all. However, this winter I did not put them through dormancy. During winter they were still recovering from repotting. They take around 4 months to recover from repotting. MONTHS not weeks.

In my opinion most probs with temperate CP's is during dormancy. So I haven't really faced that yet with this species.

Just remember that they need a very open media with live sphagnum if you can. well....actually my media is orchid bark and LFS 50% each and topped off with live sphagnum. Also note the pot....the edges are giving kinda a terrarium effect and giving the plant good humidity. THis IMO is very very necessary for this plant.

Awesome awesome awesome! Very nice plants and pics. Thanks for sharing. I'm jealous :p

thanks man! :)

Back