What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mini bog updates. from my Major Lowes Rescue.

Some of you might recall the thread i posted back in the beginning of May on the major lowes rescue i did. If not, browse the thread in general discussions.
The plants i rescued were all poor looking, but not completely dead.
i did some trimming of the bent up pitchers and etiolated leaves they came with to make room for the new growth and to keep the pitchers from rotting and crowding up the pot.
sooooo here they are
growing in Western Washington weather. lol been cold as hell lately, but the last few days have been nice and hot. finally some summer weather. plants are perking up pretty nicely.

Bog 1.
CPupdate6-25-08004.jpg

Bog 2.
CPupdate6-25-08005.jpg

HAHAHA whoever said D. Adelae couldnt grow in full sun.
CPupdate6-25-08001.jpg

Is your Lowes still selling carnivorous plants? Several ones here in Florida haven't had any for months.

they would be if i didnt buy all of them :3

they don't have them all the time....just keep checking on the stores weekly and you will find them

yeah, im waiting for mine to get more, hopefull get some health sarrs and neps

Be patient, my mom brought home a purpurea from lowes and I did not feel like gradually acclimating it to full sun so I immediately threw it in new soil and put it in full sun on my window before putting it outside in spring. It looks exactly like the plants in your bog all red and burnt with some leaves crispy at the end. It did nothing for months but now it's sending up a new pitcher!

most of my sarracenia are sending out new pitchers......
almost all of my VFTs have pulled back now too.

The forum froze last night when I was editing my post. You might be growing adelae in full sun but you will have to remove it come winter because the other plants have to go through dormancy. I suggest you remove it before it sends out runners through the soil, it would do fine indoors on one of your windows since they don't get alot of direct sun.

yeah i was planning on it. depending on how many actually come back from the roots.
ive got a few pots of them on my growrack out back too.
i doubt those will make it.
i didnt even recognize them as adelae when i bought them because of the etiolation of the plant.

Put some Cobra lillies and boreal pinguiculas like P. grandiflora and P. macroceras in there. You are in one of the few places in the USA where they are easy to grow!

yeah im planning on grabbing some Darlingtonia next time im at the shop i used to work at.
hopefully they still have them.

God, its been a month, here are a couple pics from a couple days ago.
CPs7-26-08006.jpg

CPs7-26-08007.jpg

Looking good Kris, much improvement!

yeah, im happy!!! and ive still got a few more months for them to grow!!! well....seeing as its washington, maybe a couple lol....

They look amazing now! Thanks for the update :)

Where did you buy that snazzy pot? Do you know the name/brand?

Thanks!

what happend to the d. adelae

they are there, just very small....lol and some are still pulling back, i removed a few too and brought them inside
also added to the bog
U. Sandersonii
D. Spatulata

That looks like my porch.... only you have fancier pots!

Back