What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you prefer variety or theme minibogs?

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
Which type of bog/minibog do you prefer: Theme bogs with just one species or genus of plants (All Venus Flytraps/All Pitcher Plants/or all Sundews), or variety bogs with many different varities?

I'm asking this because I'm going to be drastically changing my minibog this winter (new and larger pot, different soil, new location), and I was wondering if I should do all Sarracenia species, or all butterworts, or Sundews, or a variety.

I'd say variety, its more interesting. But its neater to have themed.

Variety, definitely! Except maybe for sundews, there are so many different knids that if you could get your hands on enough different varieties and sizes and species, a well-planned sundew theme minibog would be awesome!

The only thing about having a variety of plants is that you have to be careful that all your plants get enough light. I have heard people say that they started out with a variety bog but over the years the flytraps and other small plants have died out leaving just sarracenia.

variety for sure
my minibogs consist of a few kinds of VFTs, Sarracenia, and some Drosera.

I do both.

DSCF1532.jpg

DSCF1546.jpg

I like both really my first one is a VFT and Sarracenia which it consists of one Judith hindle in the back, purple pitcher venosa, in the middle, 9 typical flytraps in the front, akai ryu flytrap on the left and dente flytrap on the left.

So far the minibog I made is doing well I have pictures, but can't load them due to slow internet so hopefully I can post some later on when I get a better one also next year I'm hoping to do a all sarracenia bog, and a sundew/flytrap bog.. =)

Variety. Here's my minibog I made about to weeks ago (Andy sure does have amazing plants!).

SN851818.jpg

Sorry for the size, it doesn't want to get smaller.

Back