What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DroseraBug

Grow Pitcher Plants!
Thought I would share some pictures from this morning. It was a nice morning with some fog and not too bright for some photos.

S. x Chelsonii? with S. rubra-long lid (this is a miniature S. rubra clone that my have something else in it). D. 'California Sunset' in background along with others.

Bogphotos8-08001.jpg

S. 'White Sparkler'

Bogphotos8-08004.jpg

S. 'Schnell's Ghost'

Bogphotos8-08005.jpg

D. capillaris flowering form Richmond County NC. I collected a few out of hundreds in the field directly in the path of future powerline work that will include heavy machinery.

Bogphotos8-08006.jpg

S. rubra ssp. gulfensis?

Bogphotos8-08011.jpg

D. filliformis var. Tracyi

Bogphotos8-08014.jpg

Bog companions

Bogphotos8-08032.jpg

One of my neighborhood bogs with several species and hybrids

Bogphotos8-08022.jpg

S. mooreii 'Red'

Bogphotos8-08038.jpg

S. leuco 'Titan' with bog companion Rhexia sp.

Bogphotos8-08040.jpg

One of my favorites-S. 'Blackened Redfish'

Bogphotos8-08050.jpg

The filiformis maze

Bogphotos8-08053.jpg

Another favorite-S. jonesii x minor 'okee'

Bogphotos8-08054.jpg

Bogphotos8-08058.jpg

Very nice :) The S. jonesii x minor 'okee' has a nice lid structure.

Wow..

Very nicely done!

Awesome!

What'r you doin with blackend redfish in them parts?
lol!

I got S. 'Blackened Redfish' locally and I've seen it in two different local vendor/nursery locations. I know it use to be called S. 'Ritchie Bell' which I am assuming Ritchie Bell was the founder of the cultivar. I would like to know more about its background CP30. Do you have some input?

There is a Ritchie Bell hybrid out now, I have one in my small collection I received it from Dr. Larry Mellichamp. That is all I know.

I got mine from Dr. M too. Look up S. 'Ritchie Bell' on Bob's Photo Finder http://www.humboldt.edu/~rrz7001/. It sais, "presently known as S. 'Blackened Redfish'. I was calling it S. 'Ritchie Bell' until I read this on Bob's website. I guess it can be called either one. Does anyone know some specifics about this cultivar? history? cross? who crossed it Ritchie Bell? etc.

Back