What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idea for a Lowland Chamber

Well, my 30 gallon highland chamber is about to become empty, as i am setting up a highland growrack, more info on that when its complete, so heres this. i need to know if it will work
i am planning on doing it as a potted terrarium. Peat and LFS for about 3-4" of the media, planning on using a small Bical, Ampullaria, and maybe Albomarginata, The lights would either be 1 or 2 fluorescent fixtures, heating would be an undertank heater, probably the reptile pads, and they would really only need to be used at night, in the center of the terrarium, i plan to have a container of water, say a ziploc tupperware container, with a submerged fogger, most likely the Exoterra kind, as a friend of mine uses them in his Dart Frog vivarrium, and it is amazing.

here is the general idea, i had to do a quick mock up of it
LowlandChamberidea.jpg

I don't see why not. You'll have very high humidity and lights seem fine (I'm not sure though, not a light knowing person). Though, plans on ventilation? Will there be an open holes somewhere or a fan? Other than that, I'm sure it'll work.

Lowlanders like it hot and muggy, i might put a hole in the top of the terrarium and a small computer fan or something in there.

Looks good. The fogger isn't necesarry as long as there's standing water somewhere in the tank.

yeah, jeff, i know its not really necessary, but it adds to the effect :3

I know what you mean. :grin: I used to really want a ultrasonic fogger.

You might wanna shop around a bit, cause some are really flakey. Find a nice brand with cheap refills (the membranes) cause costs will add up.

Good luck w/ your setup!

Back