What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T5 on sale.... Wow

• Thread starter Av8tor1
  • Start date
lol, the key words are typically "95% reflector" sometimes called the "german reflector"

you should see a mirrored surface with a faceted parabolic type shape behind each bulb,

Av

This is the place I always get mine from,

http://www.yourcablehookup.com/fluorescent-highbay-lamp-t5homt-ychfhb65homt-p-28393.html

Might not be the cheapest, but they have very reasonable shipping. Just make sure you add 6 bulbs, not just 1 like I did. :crap: But when I did that, they sent me the other 5 with free shipping, great support and will always buy from them no matter the price they are charging. (Well packed too)

I get the wire mesh for my lights... it doesn't connect very well, but someday I kinda invision securing it more and hanging small plants from it a bit someday

The growth of my nepenthes has been night and day after I've purchased these lights. Just watch the dimensions, I got a little overzealous and bought a 6 bulb fixture that couldn't fit in my grow rack.

-Nate

How's the lamp-life &/or premature lamp failures with the T-5's?

Not to sound curt, but who cares? They are only 2.14 a bulb for a 5K high output tube! But, I've seen them be sold for like $15 a bulb at rip off hydroponic stores.... so buyer beware. I've had one fixture for probably 8 - 10 months now, and the second for 4 months... None of the 12 are out yet... ::knock on wood:: Seems to be inline with how T12's are so far.

This is the place I always get mine from,

http://www.yourcablehookup.com/fluorescent-highbay-lamp-t5homt-ychfhb65homt-p-28393.html

Might not be the cheapest, but they have very reasonable shipping. Just make sure you add 6 bulbs, not just 1 like I did. :crap: But when I did that, they sent me the other 5 with free shipping, great support and will always buy from them no matter the price they are charging. (Well packed too)

I get the wire mesh for my lights... it doesn't connect very well, but someday I kinda invision securing it more and hanging small plants from it a bit someday

The growth of my nepenthes has been night and day after I've purchased these lights. Just watch the dimensions, I got a little overzealous and bought a 6 bulb fixture that couldn't fit in my grow rack.

-Nate

Wow, that looks like a good deal. I was going to order the 6-lamp fixture that Av was recommending, and then came across http://www.prolighting.com/6lat5flhibay.html which comes with the lights included, and free shipping. But the one you linked to looks pretty good, and I think the one I found doesn't say 95% reflection, but it seems have what Av described.

I'll have to check some numbers with shipping, unless someone has something to say about why I should get one over the other.

Back