What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bluebird

Rub my belly!
Here's some pictures of my mini bog I hope you like it the purple pitcher is from flytrapshop.com, the typical flytraps are from wallmart one is from a local garden center also the day I took the pictures it rained pretty good so alot of the plants were wet.

the first picture if when I just planted everything

the second settled in and started growing well

the third picture is of the purple pitcher that I bought from Andy

fourth picture is a picture of my flytraps from a garden center and the other flytrap picture are from wallmart which I got 7 of them from one pot

the six picture is a close up of my flytrap seeds from my dente and red dragon most of them are now out of the seed and I can see the new leaf forming I'll post more pics later this spring once it grows more..

the final picture is my capensis flower Very pretty thankyou andy for those two capensis they're growing well. =)

i love the color of the vft' on the outside of the lobe in the 5th pic ,and the sarrs are so rich with red

Awesome :)! Mine is starting to look ok.

Looking pretty good! I have to laugh... your forum name is Bluebird but the avatar is a kitty, and there are meows abound.

What will you do for the wimter?

Looks great, keep it up! Are the vft seeds from this year?
Andrew

Yeah the seeds are this year I allowed the two flytraps to flower I probably should have cut it to allow it to grow more, but they're growing good now so I guess I did the right thing with it.

I never grown flytraps from seeds before so I thought it'd be interesting to try it.

Looking pretty good! I have to laugh... your forum name is Bluebird but the avatar is a kitty, and there are meows abound.

What will you do for the winter?
The cat that's in the avatar is a Scottish fold they're my favorite breed of cats.

Once the bogs dormant I'll probably put it in the garage or in the basement by a window.

Here's a little update with the bog as of yesterday I went to check on it in the morning and I saw 3 wasps crawling on my Judith hindle and my flytrap that ate a wasp finally opened all the way also I included a couple extra pictures of some wildlife that lives in my yard.

I'm not sure what the frog is, but it blends in well in the garden, the box turtle and the mantis was found at my camp area I think this kind of box turtle is endangered so it's nice to see we have them here also I've seen some type of skink, but everytime I go to take a picture of the little guy it runs away hopefully one day I get him..

Also very nice pictures / plants. My favorite is the Maine Coon cat.

Excellent little bog!

Cool bog! I have those wasps here, and these ones that have a long thin thing with a ball at the end with their stinger on it.

great looking bog! how long has it been since you planted it? ( it looks very neat and tidy :) )

you must get some great sun your vft's are very happy

I had the typical flytraps since sometime in Augest 07 then in spring they really needed a new pot so I bought a pot at wallmart and I soaked both flytraps in distilled water to loosen the peat and lfs off the roots after that I put them in the pot in total I got 9 or 10 typical flytraps from to pots then later on I bought a Judith Hindle, dente flytrap, red dragon flytrap, and a purple pitcher plant on April 9th of 2008..

I had this for since April and I'd try to keep out any leaves that fall in and I try to mist the LFS daily and water it needs it also it's been more warm these weeks around 80F so the dried LFS been getting more dry so far I've been lucky I haven't had any grasshoppers damage, squirrels, or any bad pest problems yet.

Thanks for all the comments on my bog I hope next year it'll be even better.

No updates yet on my bog, but here's a peak at some sphagnum I got and a picture of two vultures in my backyard and one that flew near my back window.. :-D

I plan to grow the sphagnum and next spring use it for my minibog and some of my neps lets hope it stays pretty cool outside it's getting in the 80f somedays and 75F others.. =\

Springs on the way it's slowly getting warmer and switching from being cold to warm so I took my bog outside this is what they look like. I put them in my garage near the garage door so it kept cold, but not too cold and they look pretty good so I'm glad.

I spent most of the day cleaning things up cutting dead traps and getting all the pine needles I used as mulch out.

I included two pictures of my live sphagnum moss it's starting to green up better now that the suns comming out more often. I think I'll make another container of it I sorta mess up the first container.

I can't wait for the weather to be more stable, but intill then I'll just have to take them in on days and nights it's going to frost or freeze.

Back