What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
If you had millions of dollars and a greenhouse to properly grow everything you wanted (cold house, warm house, stove house), what would be your dream collection of carnivorous plants?

For me:
Venus Fly Traps
All Sarracenia species
Alot of sundews
Heliamphora
Nepenthes
Cephalotus
Drosophylum
Byblis
Warm-temp and Mexican Pinguicula
a handful of Utricularia
Genlisea
and perhaps the carnivorous bromiliads (Bronichia, Captosis)

every species of Nepenthes and every hybrid
as many Heliamphora as i can find as well as Cephalotus. :3

For me:
Venus Fly Traps
All Sarracenia species
Alot of sundews
Heliamphora
Nepenthes
Cephalotus
Drosophylum
Byblis
Warm-temp and Mexican Pinguicula
a handful of Utricularia
Genlisea
and perhaps the carnivorous bromiliads (Bronichia, Captosis)

You just named every carnivorous genus...

xvart.

well he left out the quasi-carnivores.....xDDDD

and Aldrovanda....xD

idk...i think Aldrovanda is pretty cool.
its an aquatic VFT basically

Nepenthes everything in existence (variations,species etc)
Helis
Drosera
Nice sarracenia
Some vfts
Pings
and maybe one or two of a few other generea.

One of everything.... or.... "anything not on my growlist."

ALL of them! Edit: Plus all hybrids known and recorded :3. Muhahaha! :-))

Y'all missing Cobra Lilly ;)

Male and female of every nep species.

It's my backyard! Actually, more like Bugweed or NepsAroundTheHouse's backyard. But I'm pretty happy with where I'm going and what I've got.
~Joe

I'm pretty happy with what I got. I'd still like a N. clipeata and aristolochioides.

I would have one room with exotic banana and viney trees planted and highland Nepenthes growing all over the place, hanging from every branch and covering the ground, which, BTW, will be made of live LFS. The neps would be in pots of Nepenthes media with a topdressing of live LFS, which would then be buried up to the rim in the floor so it looks like there's no pot at all. There would be a dirt path through the Nepenthes house that swerves and doubles back to pass every Nepenthes specimen. The house would be heated and cooled perfectly for highland nepenthes, with all coolers and heaters disguised as rocks and situated so that I can put a villosa near the cooler and have that get the cooling it needs, while veitchiis and burbs could thrive farther away. My prize specimen would be a gigantic six foot diameter Nepenthes rajah, surrounded by ferns and clumps of moss. All watering would be done via automated tubes under the ground.

I would build a special building designed for CPs. Some rooms would be just like the rainforest, and others would be for sarrs and VFTs. I would get all the coolest neps and sarrs, and some cobra lilys. Then there would be a room for TC and propogation. I would also try to make a huge VFT, with 2ft traps. Who needs a gaurd dog if you have that lol.

Everything. :D

be more interested in having a greenhouse and a way to heat and cool it without breaking the bank.......after that finding plants to fill it is the easy part...........

Back