What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mini Egg Terrariums

I got a whole bunch of these from ***** and they are wonderful for seedlings. i am going to try leaf cuttings in them to keep the humidity up. has anyone else used these? or am i crazy LOL
Susan

That would be a practical and creative approach to begin them, but down the line, they'll need to be transplanted. They won't have drainage holes unless you put them in. They won't have much depth for root development. Lack of drainage is one variable that could lead to mold.

You still might be crazy for other reasons, though! j/k

I think they work great. Its pretty cool to watch the seedling get big enough to push the top off.

and yes i am crazy in many other ways!!!!! LOL

Do you have a picture of the setup and seedlings?

no. i will soon though. as soon as i locate the battery charger for my digi camera.

no. i will soon though. as soon as i locate the battery charger for my digi camera.

LOL! I hear ya. I just made that statement last week... and then my wife bought a package of fresh batteries.

Does anyone know who manufactures the mini egg terrarium? I want to buy a case wholesale.

Back