What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bog picture thread - Dialup warning

Crissytal

What is and what should never be
Hey guys. Here's an update on my bogs. This was the coldest winter that NC has experienced in awhile. Most nights the temperatures were below freezing. I never did get around to mulching the bogs to help them against the weather. It's really looking like they didn't need it anyway.

Bog one:
IMG_1650.jpg

Large typical VFTs:
IMG_1652.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

D. filiformis, I don't remember what variety. It's looking like D. fil var. fil
IMG_1660.jpg

D. filiformis var 'Tracyii'
IMG_1661.jpg

A crazy P. lusitanica that survived the winter. The S. purp prevented it from being frosted on:
pingluist.jpg

Can't seem to catch the flower open:
pingluist2.jpg

An Utric that survived the winter and is now blooming. I believe it's U. warburgii. Please correct me if I'm wrong:
utricpurp.jpg

utricpurp2.jpg

Bog companion plant, not sure what species. It's native to NC:
IMG_1737.jpg

Bog two:
IMG_1651.jpg

Red dragon:
IMG_1658.jpg

Native D. capillaris seedlings:
IMG_1659.jpg

D. filiformis 'FL Red'
IMG_1662.jpg

I recently made a third bog out of another black pond liner. For some reason, I didn't get pictures.

Enjoy!
Crystal

wow, gorgeous plants! they seem very happy, i love the filiformis, nice clump :) nice purps too! you have to post pics in the future, that's gonna be real nice the further into the seasons. Good growing :)

eidt*** omg, i didn't see the corkscrew rush! sweet, i love that plant!

Thanks for the compliments guys! :)

I'll see about getting some better pictures later. Those were taken between rain storms.

The corkscrew rush is some crazy stuff!! I don't know how I'm going to attempt to divide it up this year. It wants to pull up half the bog with it and it's planted in a small pot that's been buried in the peat (it obviously out grew it!).

Crystal

Great bogs as always, Crystal!I think the mystery filiformis might be 'FL Giant' since the tentacles are red like mine. I'm probably wrong, though.

Back