What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some pics from the GH and bogs

So we will start with the temperates...
DSC02541.jpg

Darlingtonia Californica Mountain variety (a few of these have divisions of this plant update me on em will yah)
DSC02565.jpg

DSC02544.jpg

DSC02543.jpg

Some flytraps
DSC02536.jpg

DSC02537.jpg

And now some of the Neps
N. sanguinea Orange pitcher that just decided to inflate after waiting for 4 leaves...lol
DSC02546.jpg

N. maxima x talangensis showing some potential as its inflating a pitcher that is already showing color
DSC02555.jpg

To be continued on next post.

my two maxima x talangensis plants
DSC02554.jpg

couple of maxima x xTrusmadiensis
DSC02552.jpg

truncata x xTrusmadiensis
DSC02558.jpg

DSC02557.jpg

N. villosa
DSC02551.jpg

N. veitchii 'batu lawi'
DSC02547.jpg

N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana
DSC02560.jpg

DSC02559.jpg

Enjoy~

Looking great as usual, Kris, especially the bogs. Are you beginning to move the growing rack plants to the GH?

Very nice, if only my sarrs looked like that. great stuff!

the grow rack plants are in the GH cap, all of my highland neps are. lol

Spectacular SK. man! Those neps are loving the sun.

very nice SK! I got some of those maxima x TMs as well...

So THATS what my darling is gonna look like! Thats perfect, i love the "red blush" variants like that. Ill update ASAP. :)

Whats that flytrap you have with that nice color? Very pretty.

And that burb x ed!!! What color! :D

SirKristoff said:
(a few of these have divisions of this plant update me on em will yah)
Yessirr!

But, I think I planted it wrong. T_T

IMG_5267.jpg

IMG_5268.jpg

Showing some of the red already!
IMG_5258.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pics, it was at night ya,ya.

Good Billy, im glad its doing well for you.
Franky, that is just a typical flytrap that was part of my lowes rescue i did last year in early may :)
thanks for the comments.
Also note that these plants are not mature yet franky, there will be pleanty more to see when it gets to maturity. Infact, let me dig up a photo of my friends darlingtonia that came from two mountain variety plants that were crossed, this plant in turn is the progeny of these plants being crossed.
They dont look 100% like what you see advertised as mountain variety(supposedly having flared tongues) though i wont be able to tell till this plant matures. either way, this plant is incredibly vigorous, and the coastal variety would not be too happy here.

Some of its older syblings from last season, these plants DO show the flared tongue that seems to be only found in this variety
TriptoRons13.jpg

the main mother plant that my plant came from, as well as those in the photo above
TripToRonsmissedPhotos1-1.jpg

It probably is a cross xD It seems much easier than I expected.

not want i mean Billy lol!
i mean, its a cross between to mountain variety plants. im not sure how this acts when passed from seed but a couple of people say it should be passed on through its progeny.

Missed a couple of pics....
N. ventricosa x angasanensis (the leaves turn such a beautiful color in good light, i cant wait for pitchers on this baby)
DSC02549.jpg

Some Stylidium debile from root cuttings i took to see if they would sprout and grow in full sun...well they do
DSC02540.jpg

And some of the baby mantises i released a few weeks back, getting some size on em
DSC02561.jpg

DSC02564.jpg

DSC02563.jpg

nice! :) Those mantiids are chinese mantuds, in case you didnt know.

Is it premature to call dibs on the vent x angasanensis cuttings? :p

haha yeah they are T. sinensis, i posted a thread on em a few weeks back in the terrarium dwelling animals thing.
hahaha well the second node that is growing on there is claimed by a friend.
it appears to be activating the 3rd node.
and when i chop up the vine (when it vines) ill trade some out.

Wow, the N. ventricosa x angasanensis is looking like a real winner. How's the predator cutting, still slow?

still slow. but its growing lol.

Nice looking plants! I especially like your Darlintonia varieties. So what does the GH look like? Never mind, I see your construction post on it.

SirKristoff, those are some nice looking flytraps.

Thanks alot!
i went out today to check on the progress of the plants
amazing to see all of them pitchering, or flowering even in the case of some plants.
absolutely the best thing ive done for these plants. lol

Back