What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think i understand, but just in case...

Chomp

Oops
so for a terrarium waterfall, i should have the smallest pump that i can find, a small steel cage that the pump can be put into so that the pump is not damaged, a small cloth to keep any sphagnum moss that falls through the rock layer, out of the pump, then pipes.

Am i missing anything?

I use to keep dartfrogs and had a small stream in one of my vivs and did it a bit different.
What I did was put the pump in a small plastic container big enough for it.I cut small holes along the bottom and siliconed windowscreen material over the holes on the inside of the container.I cut holes in the lid for the power cord and the outflow.If I were you I'd bed it in gravels so not as much of your substrate(peat I assume) will get in the pump and clog it.Then you can make a waterfall and hide the outflow tube somehow.
I used real small pumps so watch what you buy.some won't push the water high enough if you want a tall waterfall. Mine were basically small streams I made by drilling hole is corkbark and siliconing the tube to the bottom so it trickled down it more or less like s seep. Hope this helps a bit.
Mark W.

make sure you can get to the pump cause at some point you will need to get to it, best to only have to tear apart only a small part of the tank to get to it instead of most of the tank.....if possible i always hid the pump in and easy to get to place where there isnt much growing except maybe a layer of moss over the lid of the chamber or some small rocks....

thanks for the help guys. but could i see some :pics: of your waterfalls?

Back