What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WOW...look what I found

....growing in my bog garden. It has to be from the seeds that I thought I had cooked. I mixed the dirt into the dirt in my bog garden and as I was trying my hand at some macro photography I found it under a piece of moss.

IMG_5278.jpg

IMG_5279.jpg

IMG_5282.jpg

IMG_5281.jpg

awesome

....growing in my bog garden. It has to be from the seeds that I thought I had cooked.

This has happened to me as well, which is why I recommend to everyone who does not get successful drosera germination in a pot to simply change the conditions they're attempting to germinate with. I think most drosera seed is still viable as long as it hasn't sprouted.

Jason

I hope to see more grow but I also hope they dont take over the bog! I had 3 2 foot long "greenhouse" trays that had seeds planted in them....nothing was growing and I thought I had cooked the seeds. I dumped them both into the bog garden and this one sprouted.

Congratulations, what species is it

Congratulations, what species is it

Your guess is as good as mine.....I had them labled but when I thought the seeds were cooked I just dumped them in the bog garden.

Back