What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My terrarium

Adam

Sarracenia Collector
Heres a pic(then description)
of my terrarium.
mrappleandterrarium004.jpg

Left To Right: P. Moranensis seedlings,(hidden) vft seedlings, u. livida, n. fusca, and d. adelae.
I hope it will work out, it stays about 70 degrees in the day, 60-55 overnight. humidity is 85%, so im trying to get it down 10. I've opened as much i could. any suggestions?
And, this is random, but,
I like cinnamon apple nutri-grains, what do you think of that mr. apple?
mrappleandterrarium003.jpg

Notice the cinnamon apple nutri grains behind him.

Those all look awful green, what kind of lighting are you using?

well, i just learned that it's a 20-watt, does anyone know where i can get a 40 watt cool light 24" online?
Plus, i was previously growing them on my windowsill. If they start declining because of light, i will immediately take them out.

well, i just learned that it's a 20-watt, does anyone know where i can get a 40 watt cool light 24" online?
Plus, i was previously growing them on my windowsill. If they start declining because of light, i will immediately take them out.

Is it a T12 light? T8?

If it's a T12, which is my assumption, I don't think 24" come in higher than 20-watt. In my opinion you'd be better off with 6500K (full spectrum daylight) than "cool white".

If your terrarium only takes one 24" tube, though, I don't think you're going to be able to provide a healthy amount of light for your plants no matter what bulb you choose.

ok, my dad and i are trying to get a bigger light fixture. It's a T6

Getting stronger lights is a good start but dont forget to consider the distance from the plants the bulbs are and the amount of bulbs you are using. Fewer bulbs at a shorter distance will work better than more bulbs at a further distance. Most sundews really should be no further then 8 inches from the bulbs for optimal growth and 'look'. You can compromise the distance by adding a few more bulbs and reflective surfaces such as mylar but the further away you move the bulbs the less effective they are.

yeah, we will be getting new bulbs, but we currently have nothing to move the egg crate closer to the light. The sundews are about 10-12 inches away

my seedlings are doing good, the bladderworts good, but i took out the nep

Back