What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mission success, with 0 casulties

Chomp

Oops
I just removed all carnivorous plants (except for the adealea) from the terrarium into my first mini-bog! I'll get you some pics soon.

Sorry for the following :offtopic:

Why does it seem every single time I go into a topic you've created... It is you saying something but you've either not done it yet... Or want to tell the story later? Why not do whatever you plan, get all your pictures and facts together, and then make a topic about it with all the details like everyone else? Quite honestly- it frustrates the heck out of me! I can't imagine I'm the only one....

Andrew

I second Andy. It'd be much better to get everything and then post instead of making us wait.

lol
I've been waiting for someone to break.

And the pictures never come, even after much discussion within the topic.

Now chomp, please don't over react on this one, its always good to listen to people opinions. And its good to have eveything ready at one point. It's like taking a kid to the toy store in hopes of getting the latest action figure and BAM Ok so now brought you here, but we'll get it another time.

So you know for the next topic what to do!

K back on topic now. Sorry I did kinda snap after going into two of them one after the other.

Sorry if it frustrates you guys, I just get excited and post it immediately, but not to worry, I'll have the pics on today.

Oh, and theyellowdart, I just can never remember how to spell... what was it? Oh ya! Now I remember! adealea!
Okay, okay, adelae.

Don't worry too much about it. But I'm sure we would all appreciate it if you tried to make your titles and starting messages a little more informative or descriptive. Remember that many of us are here to use the forums as an information resource - not just for casual conversation - and we don't want to spend time digging through piles of vaguely titled threads.
"Terrarium transplant: mission success, with 0 casualties" would've given us a much better idea of what this thread is about.
~Joe

Ya... that would probably be a lot better... thanx for the advice seedjar.
There is a delay, and I cannot get the pics on today, but tomorrow should be the day!

---------- Post added 09-16-2009 at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was 09-14-2009 at 06:45 PM ----------

Alright, I've finally got the pics.
Let's hope this works!

006.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

011.jpg

Nice pics and plants chomp. Be careful with the LFS covering though. I lost a few rhizomes this year due to that. My soil wasnt aired out enough and the LFS had a choking effect on the rhizomes. Not to say yours will suffer the same fate but to just be weary of what could happen. Your soil and top layer look like those in one of my bogs. Just keep an eye on it.

Thanks for the pics Chomp. From the sorta spindly look of the plants, I'd suggest giving more light to those vft's, though.

thanks guys! I only just got the plants out of the terra, so they still don't look so great.
I don't know what you are referring to when you say LFS french3z. Do you think you could explain? I've heard people say it, but I don't know what it means.

I don't know what you are referring to when you say LFS french3z. Do you think you could explain? I've heard people say it, but I don't know what it means.

Sorry for not being more descriptive. We sometimes forget that not everyone is fluent with the lingo we use lol. Dont wry though you'll pick up on it quickly ;)

LFS: Long Fibered Sphagnum

Great plant great set up :) now bring the pot outside somwwhere that can receive at leat 6 hours of direct sunlight a day. and soon your VFT and sarra will be red and hungry to kill some flys :)

Edit: i don;t know if its true but. LFS on top can hold heat. which will heat up ur plant and might kill them if over heat. what i would do is sprinkle more peat on top of the LFS or take the LFS out.

Edit: i don;t know if its true but. LFS on top can hold heat. which will heat up ur plant and might kill them if over heat. what i would do is sprinkle more peat on top of the LFS or take the LFS out.

I dont think applying more peat on top of the LFS would help as the heat would just be retained even more IMO. Kinda like adding a blanket layer. Plus it would defeat the purpose of even having the LFS there for top layer.
Though it can retain heat my LFS has never overheated my rhizomes, just choked them out in some instances.

Ummm, I don't no who's right, but I once knew the name of the sarr, but I forgot. anyone know what it is?

I dont think applying more peat on top of the LFS would help as the heat would just be retained even more IMO. Kinda like adding a blanket layer. Plus it would defeat the purpose of even having the LFS there for top layer.
Though it can retain heat my LFS has never overheated my rhizomes, just choked them out in some instances.

Chomp: If you're concerned about overheating, then apply a layer of PERLITE to the top of the bog which should reflect a large part of the sun's rays and keep your bog cooler. However it's hardly ever necessary except perhaps in the hottest of places.

it looks like S. minor x psitticina.

Back