What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T8 or T12?

• Thread starter robthered
  • Start date
Hello. I'm new to the community and have been reading the forums for about a week now and I love it.

Just wondering if you can give me some insight into which fixtures i should buy. I already have a 4 foot T8 fixture running 2 Daytime 6500K bulbs for 15 hours a day. I want to get another fixture but I'm unsure if i should get the T12 or stick with another T8. The reason being that they only sell the Gro-Lux bulbs in T12 in my area, and not in T8. I know that the T12 is a higher wattage but i was reading that the T8 produces more Lumens, so it's kinda confusing. Do the Gro-Lux tubes produce better results than regular daylight tubes? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

rob

I drew the line at T8, since those can get hot enough; and I was spending far too much time futzing with fans to offset the high Tbs. T12s would simply compound that . . .

Back