What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The car and feeding of an....

Lil Stinkpot

Lucky Greenhorn
....oil heater.

My brand-new kick-a$$ industrial-sized barn heater's thermostat has been sticking alot, with a teeny temp range, making it go on-off-on-off-on-off... all evening and morning. It finally quit, though fortunately in the ON position. Whew!

Now the good news is that it's under a life-time warranty, and all we have to do is send it back for a repair or replacement. It's in the mail now, actually. The better news is that I actually have a spare heater-- this big, 30 lb, 3 foot high, oil-filled monster. I turned it on, and started monkeying around in the GH waiting for it to heat up and the dust to finish burning off. Boy, that was fast. I was actually roasting in there until I could get the rheostat dialed in. I will certainly have to keep it for backup!

My main two questions are: Is it normal for it to make bubbling noises when starting up? And: Is there anything I need to know that I may not know about oil heaters? I don't need surprises.

I gotta say again this guy really performs!

Back