What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want to make HL & LL inside chamber

Hey everyone,
I'm trying to figure out if anyone has a HL and LL indoor grow chamber in one that works well. I have a couple of LL neps that are surviving on my windowsill but not thriving. The intermediates and HL neps are growing well. I'm also interested in getting some Heli's and other HL to ultrahighland neps and want to be able to grow them. Anyone have any ideas for a setup that wouldn't be too crazy? I do have a large unfinished basement that stays very cool and would probably work great for a HL chamber with a little humidification. If there is an easy way to heat a portion of an indoor chamber that might work.

All ideas appreciated. Thanks!

What about using separate chambers for the highlanders and lowlanders. I think the heat of a few lightbulbs could keep the lowland chamber both warm and humid if it is semi-sealed. The highlanders could then have a more open chamber (in the basement), and could co-exist with the helis.

I don't grow many neps.

You won't be able to grow them to their best together in one chamber, so get that idea out of your head right off.

Check this post called POLL: Highland cooling methods for info on my HL cooling setup. For Lowland just enclosing the growing area and putting plenty of light over it will make it warm and humid for the lowlanders. Lowlanders are pretty simple if you live in a 70*F or warmer house. Stick em in a grow chamber and turn on the lights.

Highlanders take a bit of effort for the moist, cool, breezy air but once you get setup you don't have much work after that other than watering and enjoying the plants.

i was thinking about this last week, and i immediately thought about this thread, so sorry if i happened to resurrect it in the process.

i was thinking it may be possible if 1) you have a tall tank and 2) you have lamps that have good heat output.
create a tier shelf. place the lowlanders near the top of the tank (on the higher shelf) and the highlanders lower. would probably also help if you had an aquarium chiller or something to keep it cooler near the bottom of the tank. should work in theory as heat tends to rise and cool air tends to stay at the bottom. however there is the issue of stagnation.

but dont take me seriously. im just talking to myself trying to work things out.

Back