What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oooh, was that a dis on my spec x truncata? :lol:

Gorgeous as ever :love: *sets up a hammock in Brokken's back yard... with jingle bells to keep the doggies from ripping through*

Oooh, was that a dis on my spec x truncata? :lol:

Gorgeous as ever :love: *sets up a hammock in Brokken's back yard... with jingle bells to keep the doggies from ripping through*

Thanks Thez! :) The yard wolves say 'Hi'. :)

Why do you feel EP's truncata x spectabilis is superior? Mine is an EP as well, so I'm rather interested in your opinion on it. Well, I'd be interested anyways.. but still. :rolleyes:

Why do you feel EP's truncata x spectabilis is superior? Mine is an EP as well, so I'm rather interested in your opinion on it. Well, I'd be interested anyways.. but still. :rolleyes:

The plants are still young, so neither has shown their full potential. It's just my opinion, but compare and contrast:

Truncata x spectabilis (EP's):

cp-jul2011-truncxspect001.jpg

Spectabilis x truncata (Leilani):

cp-jul2011-spectxtrunc001.jpg

The peristome on the EP hybrid appears larger and more flared even at this early age. The two pitchers are roughly the same size too.

huh.. I really like them both. I agree with the EP having a nicer peristome shape, but I like the coloration of Leilani's better. It'd be cool to have a mix of the two! Or maybe I'll just have to be as cool as you and get both. :awesome:

General GH pics:

cp-jul2011-general005.jpg

cp-jul2011-general001.jpg

cp-jul2011-general002.jpg

cp-jul2011-general003.jpg

cp-jul2011-general004.jpg

Looking good.. Making wanna start switching everything over to terracotta finally. I've got a box of brand new pots all ready to go. I'm dying to have moss covered pots like yours. :hail:

Everything looks very nice, Brokken. :)

Nice, your Izumiae x Tm is spectacular as always :bigthumpup:

Thanks Mass, Lime and Gea! :)

Nice!

nice to see your plants are taking the heat very well! im glad they arent just pulling through but thriving!

AMAzziinggg!!!1!!!1!! :laaa:

Thanks Thez, Amph and Devon. :)

Now, some moar pics!

(Veitchii x lowii) x spectabilis

cp-jul2011-vxlxxs002.jpg

Peter D'Amato:

cp-jul2011-damato002.jpg

Maxima x Trusmadiensis:

cp-jul2011-maxxtm002.jpg

Fusca:

cp-jul2011-fusca003.jpg

Izumiae x Trusmadiensis:

cp-jul2011-izumixtm005.jpg

(Rokko x Dyeriana) x ventricosa:

cp-jul2011-rxdxxv001.jpg

Spectabilis x aristolochioides

cp-jul2011-spectxaristo001.jpg

Thorelii x Trusmadiensis:

cp-jul2011-thorxtm001.jpg

Thorelii x aristolochioides:

cp-jul2011-thorxaristo001.jpg

Singalana:

cp-jul2011-singalana001.jpg

Last edited:
Gorgeous pitchers! I especially love the Spectabilis x aristolochioides, cute but with lots of attitude.

ugh.. can't wait for my (veitchii x lowii) x spectabilis to get some size. Yours is what dreams are made of..

ugh.. can't wait for my (veitchii x lowii) x spectabilis to get some size. Yours is what dreams are made of..

Is yours pink or yellow?

it's pink.. :blush: All I could find.

it's pink.. :blush: All I could find.

The pink one is gorgeous too! It's gotta be one of the nicest colored neps I've seen. I'd love to see pics when your pitchers open! :)

There'll be plenty of pics coming. You know me.. :rolleyes:

Back