What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i think you got a mislabel in there, you put ephippiata x lowii, i think that is truncata x ephippiata?
gorgeous plants btw

Last edited:
i think you got a mislabel in there, you put ephippiata x lowii, i think that is truncata x ephiappiata?
gorgeous plants btw

No, I mislabeled the picture. It's actually ephippiata x truncata. :)

No, I mislabeled the picture. It's actually ephippiata x truncata. :)

i hella typoed ephippiata in my post haha...
and the true cross is truncata x ephippiata
since AFIK, there is no known female ephippiata in cultivation, and EPs cross calls for truncata as the female...making this cross truncata x ephippiata, which is what i was trying to say in the first place haha....my wording was all sorts of strange.

Again, that's enlightening. It shall be labeled correctly in a few days. :)

Something red:

Unknown - suspect a TM cross:
cp-sep2010-unknown002.jpg

Ventricosa x angasanensis:
cp-sep2010-ventxangasa002.jpg

(Veitchii x lowii) x spectabilis getting settled into its new home:
cp-sep2010-veitchxlowiixspect002.jpg

Last edited:
Could your unknown be Truncata or Veitchii with the striping of the peristome?
It's gorgeous, regardless, and I love the domed lid!

Andandandandandandandzomg, it's the plant I absolutely positively must have and will someday because SK is amazing like that :lol:

You just love that (Veitchii x lowii) x spec don't you.. How could you not? :drool:

TM Cross?:
cp-sep2010-tmcross001.jpg

Lady Pauline:
cp-sep2010-ladypauline001.jpg

Talangensis x sibuyaensis:
cp-sep2010-talxsib001.jpg

Truncata x (aristo x ventricosa):
cp-sep2010-truncxxaristoxvent001.jpg

Ventricosa x angasanensis:
cp-sep2010-ventxangasa003.jpg

Truncata x maxima:
cp-sep2010-truncxmaxima001.jpg

Veitchii x maxima:
cp-sep2010-veitchiixmaxima001.jpg

Pretty, but totally unknown:
cp-sep2010-unknown001.jpg

Man, everything in your greenhouse is soooo BEAUTIFUL!!!! Your doing a great job there. Please keep us posted with more pics. I cant wait to get my greenhouse fully set up.

It appears that I have a plausible answer to my TM cross: N. Sabre. (Ventricosa x TM). At the time I got it, the nursery had a number of other plants including Red Dragon, Black Dragon, Marbled Dragon and Sabres. What I got - which was erroneously labeled as 'Red Dragon" turns out to be N x 'Sabre' which is Ventricosa x TM. Cool to know for sure.

It appears that I have a plausible answer to my TM cross: N. Sabre. (Ventricosa x TM). At the time I got it, the nursery had a number of other plants including Red Dragon, Black Dragon, Marbled Dragon and Sabres. What I got - which was erroneously labeled as 'Red Dragon" turns out to be N x 'Sabre' which is Ventricosa x TM. Cool to know for sure.

When I get my greenhouse built, I'd be interested in trading you for a cutting of that cross. Its very beautiful and well colored.

When I get my greenhouse built, I'd be interested in trading you for a cutting of that cross. Its very beautiful and well colored.

I can't wait to see your new greenhouse. Which one are you getting? :)

I can't wait to see your new greenhouse. Which one are you getting? :)

Me and my Dad will be custom building our Greenhouse. So it wont be any particular brand. The best part will be when I can add the wildlife and the CP's in there, LOL. Especially the Frogs, Chams, and other exotic things.

Right now all we have done is alot of trees and shrubs mowed down. Have to dig some dirt out and then lay a cement foundation. Then its onto the lower brick part of the greenhouse that will be holding the special CP soil mixture.

Any cool suggestions on how I should design the streams, ponds and waterfalls in there? I'm always open to new suggestions. I want to add some stuff in there that some of you guys suggest.

Like for example: Heres the awesome 4 foot water fall I built with cp's, etc.... growing around it that Brokken suggested I build, LOL.

Some of the smaller denizens of the greenhouse:

D x 'Carburup':
cp-oct2010-carburup001.jpg

D. enodes:
cp-oct2010-enodes001.jpg

D. helodes:
cp-oct2010-helodes001.jpg

D. roseana:
cp-oct2010-roseana001.jpg

D. scorpioides:
cp-oct2010-scorpioides001.jpg

D. venusta:
cp-oct2010-venusta001.jpg

cp-oct2010-venusta002.jpg

Do you have any plans for all of that roseana gemmae? I could really use some..

D. allantostigma:
cp-oct2010-allantostigma001.jpg

D. callistos:
cp-oct2010-callistos001.jpg

D. dichrosepala:
cp-oct2010-dichrosepala001.jpg

D. mannii:
cp-oct2010-manu001.jpg

D. oreopodion:
cp-oct2010-oreopodion001.jpg

D. palacea:
cp-oct2010-palacea001.jpg

D. pulchella:
cp-oct2010-pulchella001.jpg

Last edited:
Your pygmies are cute :love:

d'awwwwz. :love: so cute.

Me and my Dad will be custom building our Greenhouse. So it wont be any particular brand. The best part will be when I can add the wildlife and the CP's in there, LOL. Especially the Frogs, Chams, and other exotic things.

Right now all we have done is alot of trees and shrubs mowed down. Have to dig some dirt out and then lay a cement foundation. Then its onto the lower brick part of the greenhouse that will be holding the special CP soil mixture.

Any cool suggestions on how I should design the streams, ponds and waterfalls in there? I'm always open to new suggestions. I want to add some stuff in there that some of you guys suggest.

Like for example: Heres the awesome 4 foot water fall I built with cp's, etc.... growing around it that Brokken suggested I build, LOL.

Your dad's doing something to help out with cps?! Cool! I would LOVE streams and waterfalls in a GH. We're building a small one next year, hopefully I have room for a waterfall or stream or even a small pond.

WOW!!!! Those dews are doing awesome!! Great job growing there.

Back