What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beautiful; the N. izumiae x 'trusmadiensis' are real show-stoppers....

you've got some nice plants brokken. im sorry that the disas die after blooming...is it possible to artificially propagate them before the bloom or does the plant consist of a singular bulb?

Thanks for the kind replies, everyone!

Amph: The main plant will die after flowering but after it does, small plantlets grow around the main dahlia-like bulb. It is possible to take those and grow them to maturity. It takes roughly two years for them to reach flowering size.

Some recent pitchers:

Truncata x spectabilis:

cp-jun2011-truncxspect001.jpg

Thorelii x aristolochioides (female):

cp-jun2011-thorxaristofem001.jpg

Maxima x (stenophylla x lowii):

cp-jun2011-maxxstenoxlowii001.jpg

Ventricosa x angasanensis:

cp-jun2011-ventxangasa001.jpg

Maxima x Trusmadiensis:

cp-jun2011-maxxtm001.jpg

:love: omg they're sooo pretty!

LOVE the truncata x spectabilis. Thank you for giving me something to look forward to in mine. Hopefully by this time next year I'm seeing pitchers that size.

The heat seems to have encouraged a whole bunch of pitchers to open:

Maxima upper:

cp-jun2011-max001.jpg

Izumiae x TM plant #1:

cp-jun2011-izumixtm005.jpg

Izumiae x TM plant #2:

cp-jun2011-izumixtm006.jpg

(veitchi x lowii) x spectabilis (yellow plant):

cp-jun2011-veitchxlowxxspect002.jpg

Ventricosa (porcelain):

cp-jun2011-vent001.jpg

Jamban:

cp-jun2011-jamban002.jpg

Fusca (Sarawak):

cp-jun2011-fusca002.jpg

Now... for some things I picked up at the BACPS show:

Darlingtonia californica:

cp-jun2011-darlingtonia002.jpg

Lowii:

cp-jun2011-lowii001.jpg

Lowii (closeup):

cp-jun2011-lowii002.jpg

(Rokko x Dyeriana) x ventricosa:

cp-jun2011-rxdxv002.jpg

(Rokko x Dyeriana) x ventricosa (closeup):

cp-jun2011-rxdxv003.jpg

Last edited:
Hollllllyyyyy Cow

What a specimen of Darlingtonia :0o:

And what a pick-up

Must have been some assortment of items at that show, can't wait to see the pics...

Awesome

I think Greg said it best :0o:

Everything is most spectacular, Brokken! Love it! :drool:

I'm so jealous.. wish we had CP shows out here.

Beautiful!!! I will need to add the (Rokko x Dyeriana) x ventricosa to my want list.... It just keeps getting longer.....

That cobra is a monster...and the lowii......:drool:

Your Cobra looks like it made a huge leap in size this year. That is if the smaller pitchers are last year's crop. Mine is about 3-4 inches taller this year. Beautiful pics and plants as always. :)

Your Cobra looks like it made a huge leap in size this year. That is if the smaller pitchers are last year's crop. Mine is about 3-4 inches taller this year. Beautiful pics and plants as always. :)

No, no... Not my growth. :) I just purchased that plant at the BACPS Plant Show & Sale.

I see, well ditto to whoever grew it first, but props to you for you becoming its new master. If only I lived in Cali - oh well, maybe I'll make a trip one year to some cp event somewhere.

Broken you greenhouse is gorgeous. Love the plants. You are doing awesome. Very very fabulous. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to a collection like yours one day.

Wow.. the (rokkoXdyeriana) x ventricosa was from BACPS? Aw shucks.. had I seen it first *I'd* be showing it off :p

Your plants are always so nice... and they look even nicer in person :0o: thanks for inviting me over to look at them again! :hail:

Thanks JB and Thez! :) I really appreciate the encouraging words. :)
It's a good thing I got to the RoDyVent when I did, then. ;)

Finally, here are some general pics of the GH:

cp-jun2011-greenhouse001.jpg

cp-jun2011-greenhouse002.jpg

cp-jun2011-greenhouse003.jpg

Again, I'd totally pay you to make me labels. I love how everything of yours looks. So.. professional. I strive to make my piece of CP heaven here as close to yours as I can. :hail:

Back