What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kind of a boring update, but here goes:

Ventricosa (Leilani):

cp-aug2011-ventricosa001.jpg

St. Hedwig (new pitcher):

cp-aug2011-sthedwig002.jpg

Red Leopard:

cp-aug2011-redleopard002.jpg

Unknown:

cp-aug2011-unknown002.jpg

Tequila:

cp-aug2011-tequila002.jpg

... and some assorted pings:

cp-aug2011-ping001.jpg

cp-aug2011-ping002.jpg

cp-aug2011-ping003.jpg

cp-aug2011-ping004.jpg

cp-aug2011-ping005.jpg

Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate. :)

Thez: Strangely, that pitcher has a hunch but all the others don't have much of one, go fig. :)

WOW! Sooo nice... *sets up hammock*

That unknown is quite the looker.. wonder what it is. And what's that dormant ping? I couldn't quite read the label. Is it.. P. moranensis f. orchidioides? ???

That unknown is quite the looker.. wonder what it is. And what's that dormant ping? I couldn't quite read the label. Is it.. P. moranensis f. orchidioides? ???

Well, the unknown is getting too big for its own good, so I'll prolly be trimming it soon. Let me know if you want a piece. :) As for the dormant ping... you got it! It IS moranensis f. orchioides. :)

Incidentally, that lauena x emarginata is the one I got from you. :)

Well, the unknown is getting too big for its own good, so I'll prolly be trimming it soon. Let me know if you want a piece. :) As for the dormant ping... you got it! It IS moranensis f. orchioides. :)

What is that amazingly green stuff growing behind the N. unknown? Subquestion- where can i get it!?

First thing that comes to mind when I see that unknown is Spathulata x Song of Melancholy. Pings are looking great.

I.. uh.. er.. umm.. YEAH!!! Normally I get all twitchy and weird about not knowing what kind of neps are in my GH, but I couldn't say no to that one if I tried. :drool:

That's it.. it's re-officialed.. I'm sending you all of my plants. Everything seems to get gorgeoufied after sending them to. :hail:

Unstuckintime: It's ornamental moss - I purchase the stuff at my hardware store.

Gea8579: Yeah, I think there's spathulata in there. I'm not sure what else is mixed in with it.

looks like mirabilis x something to me.. ???

The (lowii x veitchii) x spectabilis twins - one yellow-green, the other pink. They are two of my favorite plants and can't wait to see them put on some size:

cp-aug2011-aa001.jpg

Spectabilis x truncata (Noah):

cp-aug2011-aa002.jpg

Truncata x spectabilis (Exotica):

cp-aug2011-aa003.jpg

Last edited:
LOVE that truncata x spectabilis.. hope mine turns out half that nice.

Stunning photography brokken, and beautiful models too ;)

Oh, love the truncata x spectabilis. I have one and it looks pretty much the same. This next leaf should have a massive pitcher. It is a really fast grower and has great looking pitchers. A must in the collection of any truncata or striped peristome fanciers.

Very nice Brokken! How many neps would you say you have now? Just curious how big your collection is cuz it doesn't seem like you have a bad one in the bunch. :)

Very nice Brokken! How many neps would you say you have now? Just curious how big your collection is cuz it doesn't seem like you have a bad one in the bunch. :)

Hi Fred,

Maybe 70 or so? Some of them are still putting out small pitchers and I don't photograph them often. Also, I've reached critical mass at this point so if something is not pitchering or growing well for me, I have a low tolerance for them and I get rid of them in time. For every something new that comes into the GH, at least one plant has to go out. My way of bettering the collection. Also as plants get bigger, I have to make a decision as to what has to go in order to make room for something showy that works inside my GH.

Here's also a few more pics that should have gone out in my last update:

(veitchii x lowii) x spectabilis (Pink):

cp-aug2011-veitxlowxspect004.jpg

(veitchii x lowii) x spectabilis (Yellow):

cp-aug2011-veitxlowxspect006.jpg

Ventricosa (Leilani):

cp-aug2011-ventricosa002.jpg

Sabre clone "C":

cp-aug2011-sabre004.jpg

Last edited:
(veitchii x lowii) x spectabilis (Pink) is one amazing looking nepenthes. :awesome:

GORGEOUS 'Sabre'.. mine is finally starting to grow at a steady pace.

I just finished doing some cleanup. This is the not so pretty side of neps. I work very diligently to keep my plants looking their best. This includes trimming away dead pitchers:

cp-aug2011-dry001.jpg

I know the feeling. My pitchers start showing the slightest sign of death, straight to the garbage they go. One of the downfalls of OCD.

Back