What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

real pleasure to look at,thanks

Two updates before the weather gets too cold and the neps start putting out small pitchers or none at all:

Sibuyanensis x TM (did not pitcher while in my care):

cp-dec2011-sibxtm001.jpg

Truncata x spectabilis:

cp-dec2011-truncxspect001.jpg

Loving the sib x x TM. Almost got one for myself not too long ago.

The truncata x spectabilis' peristome is goorgeous!

Looking good! Brokken, the (vent x sib) x TM hybrid, does all the seed grown plants exhibit the stripes from it's TM parent? Or the majority retains the reddish peristome of the former parent?

Thanks guys!

Roko: From the ones I've seen of the (vent x sib) x TM, a lot of them start out very red with even darker red red stripes. The pitchers become lighter as they get larger and have a tendency to darken as they become senescent.

Along with Sib x TM, this was the other gift to myself that I got this Christmas. I thought it prudent to plant it right away rather than gift-wrap it and wait for Xmas day. This is perhaps the most beautiful N x tiveyi that I've ever seen and as a bonus, it's also a female. This pitcher did not develop in my care but rather came from Mitch Davis. I hope the plant will recover soon and start making my own pitchers some time in spring:

Maxima x veitchii:

cp-dec2011-tiveyi001.jpg

:0o:
THAT.
IS.
AWESOME.
:drool:

maxima x veitchii H/L 'Sarawak' EP ~ Just in case you wanted it in writing for your awesome labels. ;)

Again, I have to take a deep breath every time I see that plant. Because it takes my breath away.. awww..

cp-dec2011-tiveyi001.jpg

Wow...has to be one of the most beautiful pitchers i've seen. Thanks for sharing!

wow.... maxima x veitchii. very attractive plant, and impressive.

I decided to put together a nice collage of pitchers from the last few months. Enjoy! :)

collage01.jpg

collage02.jpg

collage03.jpg

collage04.jpg

collage05.jpg

collage06.jpg

collage07.jpg

Last edited:
So how much are these posters? I want some wall art for the den..

:eek: omg that is sooo nice :hail:

Wow! Now that's calendar material!

sir, you are seriously boggling my mind. this is why i love growing different CPs together---each one complements the others but retains its own essence. beautiful photographs! the fact that you put them together like this combines their power of appeal over 9000!

WOW!!!! Simply Amazing!!

That thing needs to be a poster...

Back