What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greenhouse tour video

Hey guys I thought some of you might like to see a quick video walk through of my newly completed greenhouse. It was finally warm enough here in Colorado Springs to start moving a few test plants in, almost all the plants you see were moved in with in the last week.

The greenhouse is 48' x 20' and 13' high with peninsular benches. Right now I heat the greenhouse to 55F at night and cool it at 90F in the day. I have a 50 nozzle, 2 GPH misting system running on cycles, on for 2min 15sec and off for 40min, then completely shuts off after sunset. The misting system cover 2/3 of the GH the other 1/3 does not get any mist. I'm using a 60% Aluminet shade cloth that covers that same 2/3 that get misted.

I use a 150,000 BTU high efficiency natural gas furnace which is powerful enough to keep the internal temperature at 55F even it the out side drops to -30. The utilities bill has been running $150 a month but should be slightly less once I start filling it and get a little more residual heat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amZkoxoSzBU

Thanks
-Jeremiah-

Nice looking Roridula! I can't wait to see that full of plants.

Wowza, very cool greenhouse! Thanks for the great video. I look forward to updates.

That's one large GH...

I'm experiencing Heli envy. :censor:

Awesome! I really like that black nep...

envy ? NO . Envy ? NO . ENVY ? YES I just turned bright lime green .
that is a great GH do you ever get to go to the house or are you living in there?
I can sleep at those temps LOL.
Beautiful plants too . though they look a little lonely , you must fill it to the brim HA HA

Beautiful plants too . though they look a little lonely , you must fill it to the brim
I concur! But I'm sure it won't take him long. It never takes as long as you imagine it will to fill up a grow space, no matter how big it seems at first.

I'd have some fun with one of those sized GHs - before long I'd need a second one though! LOL

Very nice as your plants always are.
I wish I could have a greenhouse here.

Impressive! It has always amazed me that greenhouses get enough light through glass panes / plastic. And yet, a clear glass pane from a window doesn't compare.

I'm jealous! Awesome GH! Thanks for the tour!

Wow I'm so inspired! I can't wait to have a tour when its full! wow I can't wait! The plants you have in there are stunning enough!

Wow, that Rajah and Ramispina are amazing! So huge! Great greenhouse Jeremiah.

fantastic Jeremiah. I guess the rajah set seed successfully? Sad to see the top growth die off. But well....I am happy that its growing back though.

Also...that is the best jacquelineae I have ever seen. Fantastic!! Fantastic!!

Back