What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ping/Dew tank

Finally got feeling good enough to do some chores around the house. Redo the shower walls, fix the broken drawer in the kitchen, and set up my Ping/Dew tank in the livingroom. Nothing fancy.. more of a test run really. A bottom layer of the Canadian LFS I've been wanting to get rid of, a glass/plastic lid, and 2 48" T12's. Like a moron I forgot to check to see if the lights were even going to make a difference, but they will have to do until next weekend.

Not much in there now..
2 D.natalensis ~ 1 is Dashman's
D.spatulata
D.spatulata x capensis
D.capensis sown seeds
P.moranensis
P.'tina'
Michigan LFS culture ~ showing some green!

100_2769.jpg

Do you have a fan on that tank? All my plants live on windows I'm so afraid of mold.

At first glance the lettering appeared to me to read "PANTERA"
o_O
How tall is the tank? You might want to bring the level of the plants up to get more out of your lights.
~Joe

At first glance the lettering appeared to me to read "PANTERA"
o_O
How tall is the tank? You might want to bring the level of the plants up to get more out of your lights.
~Joe

Pantera would be cool..
It's a 55gal tall. I plan on getting something in there today to raise them up a bit.

Do you have a fan on that tank? All my plants live on windows I'm so afraid of mold.

not yet, but I've got a couple computer fans I'm going to wire into there and my grow box.

Gave them a shelf today. But I really screwed up.. I added another light, but didn't keep an eye on the temp. Within an hour I lost 2 flowers on my P.moranensis, and all the dew on my Droseras. Everybody is fine, just got a little warm. The temp is back down and I gave everyone a quick mist. Once again, it's all good. And yes, I turned off the 2nd light.

100_2774.jpg

Nice setup. I have that same temperature / humidity gauge.

I know. I saw it in your one of your pics and hunted it down at Home Depot.

That's why they are called "heat lamps".

LOL I liked early Pantera from the 80s when they were power metal!

PanteraMetalMagicPromo.gif

Instead of the clamp lamp (which concentrates the heat) a second twin tube strip should give you a lot more light and not much extra heat, esp. if you get a small fan.

Instead of the clamp lamp (which concentrates the heat) a second twin tube strip should give you a lot more light and not much extra heat, esp. if you get a small fan.

It was just something I had and gave a try.. I now have two T8s on there. One is a grow spectrum light from a greenhouse. And the other is a Daylight bulb. The one produces a little heat, but not enough to matter. So far it's working out great! And I threw a little computer fan in there to get the air circulating.

What I meant was use a total of 4x 40 watt tubes.

Back