What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My highland grow chamber.

• Thread starter Exo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    grow

Exo

Tastes like chicken!
Many people have asked me to post pics of my highland grow chamber, so here are some pics of my low- tech, but effective setup....

growchamber02.jpg

growchamber01.jpg

how do you cool it at night?

must be nice. My basement is 75degF all year round.

must be nice. My basement is 75degF all year round.

In the winter it can be a pain, even with the light the temp only gets to 60F in the day. The basement gets to 49F in the coldest part of the winter. (at night)

In the winter it can be a pain, even with the light the temp only gets to 60F in the day. The basement gets to 49F in the coldest part of the winter. (at night)

sounds like you need to sport a space heater..

sounds like you need to sport a space heater..

My parents say it would be a fire hazard. :rolleyes:

It's their house so I can't complain too much, at least most of my plants seem to like it anyway, even if they grow a bit slow in the winter.

I have the same type of setup in my basement found in this thread http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120959&highlight=grow+room
I use a heater with no problems so far, just make sure the plastic isnt anywhere near it. Looks good btw, any pics from the outside?

I'm not sure I even have room for a heater in there without it being near the plastic.

From the outside it is pretty much 4 shower curtains held together with cloths pins on a modified shower rack.

Back