What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mylar

• Thread starter gr8oz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    grow
I'm interested in setting up a system where I can reflect as much light as possible back into the grow chamber. Does anyone know where to buy mylar? I can't recall ever seeing it for sale in sheets.

Thanks in advance,

Oz

Go to walmart or any outdoor supply store and look for a fire blanket. In my local walmart they are located in the campin section. For $3-5 you get probably 60 square feet minimum.

I'll check it out. Thanks!

Not a problem, you will be bale to tell they are mylar, super shiny and lightweight

I know people also use space blankets for reflective purposes; also found at walmart.

eBay also has it in both incarnations - mylar sheets & space blankets...

Maybe lowes.

Hydroponics stores have Mylar for sure. I've used space bankets and the roll. The roll is better because the space blanket comes wrinkled and alot of the light does not go the way you want it to go. Plus I recommend the 2mm roll instead of 1mm because its easier to use. I also would say that with the space blanket and the 1mm alot of the light "escapes" and does not reflect back. It is said you can use a white background so you woun't loose so much light. With 2mm more light seems to reflect back to the plants and does not come wrinkled.

Back