What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swamp Coolers????

So im looking for some sort of cooling for my GH. Its been getting to the mid 90's!

So it would be amazing if anyone could recomend me s good swamp cooler/air conditioner that would work for a 6' by 8' GH that would be amazing! Thanks guys!

nate - my gh was hitting in the low 100s during our record breaking heat wave last year, a cheap effect way is if you have a mister, to have a fan going at the same time...evaporative cooling makes a world of a difference and its easier and cheaper than a cooler...

Shade cloth would help also.

I Have 22% shade cloth draped over the GH.

Depending on how big the GH is, hose it down (outside and inside) once or twice a day.

Depending on how big the GH is, hose it down (outside and inside) once or twice a day.

I'm not sure where OP is located, but here... if you manually cooled the g/h it would be right back up to hot within 15 mins, I doubt that would work.

I Have 22% shade cloth draped over the GH.

Shade cloth would help also.

I have shade cloth over my larger g/h as well.

What is the relative humidity there (outside)? The higher the humidity, the less effective cooling a swamp cooler will produce. The "best" swamp coolers are ones that use thick cellulose pads rather than the thin aspen pads. I use master cool mmb12 on both my greenhouses hooked up to the masterstat thermostat for automated cooling. http://www.coolercenter.com/mmb12portable.html I will note although, that adobeair (the maker of master cool) is out of business now, but I believe other companies have taken to the technology... for the price, these coolers were really great for greenhouses IMO. For a 6x8 g/h I would be the mmb10 would be great (I picked up a mmb10 since I could no longer find mmb12s as a back up)
Andrew

Back