What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growchambers gone wild.

• Thread starter Exo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    wild

Exo

Tastes like chicken!
It's been a while since I posted pics of my growchamber, so I thought it was about time to show it in all it's glory with the new plants and equipment. So.....what do you think?......

growchamber01-1.jpg

growchamber02-1.jpg

I want to see the Neps closer up. ;)

I want to see the Neps closer up. ;)

I usually have to take the neps out of the chamber one by one to get photos of them...hard to manuver in there.

That looks like my growchamber only bigger and with more / bigger plants :D
That hamata in the top pic looks awesome :)

That looks like my growchamber only bigger and with more / bigger plants :D
That hamata in the top pic looks awesome :)

Do you also use shower curtains in your setup?

i used to use that plastic you use to cover up against dust, but a month or so ago i replaced it with lexan.

Oh god, I now know how to ghetto rig me a greenhouse XD Thanks Exo!!!

ps. I love your Hamata. Maybe we can trade cuttings presuming mine survives and gets bigger. I'd love a black one, and mine is green/red :3

Oh god, I now know how to ghetto rig me a greenhouse XD Thanks Exo!!!

ps. I love your Hamata. Maybe we can trade cuttings presuming mine survives and gets bigger. I'd love a black one, and mine is green/red :3

Sure thing, and if they turn out to be different sexes we could even breed them. :awesome:

Hamataaaaaaaaaaa! :D

All those plants look so healthy! Very nice

Possibly..
Did it look like this?
10rvl84.jpg

I want three Hamatas: all green, black teeth, and red teeth.

No.... for one, that hamata is MUCH lighter colored than mine.....second, that seems to have a rather unusual peristome shape that I've only seen on one other hamata before.....odd. :scratch:

Seed grown, for the win!

...shoot...that means it REALLY can't die! :0o:

Nice, reminds me of my early Nepin' heydays. I wish I had some pics to show from back then.

I eventually remade my plastic HL tent from 2" x 2" lumber frame and covered it in waterproof fiberglass tub surround (HD they will cut to size too) and sealed the seams with silicone. This held the humidity way better and reflected a lot of the light back to the plants compared to the plastic sheeting.

What kinda temps, humidity, airflow and lighting have you got going on?

Wow, that's a great collection. Everything looks wonderful!

Nice, reminds me of my early Nepin' heydays. I wish I had some pics to show from back then.

I eventually remade my plastic HL tent from 2" x 2" lumber frame and covered it in waterproof fiberglass tub surround (HD they will cut to size too) and sealed the seams with silicone. This held the humidity way better and reflected a lot of the light back to the plants compared to the plastic sheeting.

What kinda temps, humidity, airflow and lighting have you got going on?

My temps change with the seasons, but during the summer the temps are 80F day and 66F night. Durring the coldest part of winter the day temp is about 66F and the night temp is about 49F

Humidity is 76% during the day and 90% at night. I use a sunpentown ultrasonic humidifier.

For airflow I use an 8in fan set to low that is on only durring the day.

MY light is a Sunblaze 48 T5 HO with 8 54w bulbs, 4 of the bulbs are optimized for plant growth at 6500K, the other 4 are for flower production at 3000K. Each bulb gives off 5,000 lumens when brand new.

My humidifier, fan and lights only run during the day, and are set on a 13 hour timer durring the spring and summer and a 12 hour timer durring the fall and winter.

Back