What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The New Grow Chamber!

Kg,

It's likely the neps will have to be moved to the lower shelf...

Av

the bigger one i have already moved down. will the smaller ones be okay on the top ? or nah ?

depends on light level and species, but in my rack.... big nah LOL

ill try it out and see how it goes. they might dig it.

yes, they can handle some but watch for yellowing of the leaf margins.... seems to be the first indicator of "damaging" levels

4 bulb or 6?

Here is a common ventricosa that was on the lower shelf of mine:
ventricosa.jpg

(gave it to a friend, their teenage kid watered it with hot water... dead dead dead sheesh)

wow thats a beauty the leaves on that baby are awesome too. . ill move them all down =)

well, mine is a 6....so may be some difference.
just watch the plants and adjust accordingly mate

It hasnt been long, but id thought id toss in an update picture. All helis to the left and center, except the one ceph. To the right is 4 neps, and 2 baby sarr pots. The bottom has my larger neps. (N.copenlandi has some nice dark red leaves. )

IMG_1818.jpg

kgrudz- excellent set up! Very inspiring, and those plants look great as well! do the nepenthes really get enough light on the lower shelves like that? Do you have to arrange the top=shelf plants in a special way to let light through?

Back