What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hello again!

What follows is what looks good from my indoor collection. I have had more luck with things in here, as far as sudden and mass die-offs go. I am still tweeking the light, though, (the color of the cephalotus and the size of the heliamphora's nectar spoon are dead giveaways)and it is in a work in progress, but I think its starting to really come together. Hope you enjoy!

P8070640-1.jpg

P8070645.jpg

P. 'Fraser Beaut,' or so the label said. Very prolific grower and easy to propagate via pullings. Interestingly, though, this one is blooming during its carnivorous-leaf phase. Not sure why...

P8070647.jpg

N. singalana, Tujuh. Not very toothed peristome yet, perhaps cause for concern that I got shipped the wrong plant!

P8070649.jpg

A little Cephalotus, a bit blurry too. No bigger than a quarter, but it is sending out its first pitcher for me. Taking forever to develop!

P8070653.jpg

Drosera binata var. dichotoma, definitely a unique one!

P8070657.jpg

N. 'ventrata' being shy of the camera ;)

P8070662.jpg

N. ventricosa, also showing some signs of light deprivation.

P8070648.jpg

H. pulchella, a beautiful plant and the prize of my collection. I love watching the new pitchers rise and take shape, like sky-scrapers in a bustling city!

Thanks for looking!
CJ

The pulchella is incredible! Thanks for sharing!

super duper H. pulchella ,thanks for the pics.
i like the way you've hung some of the plants on the sides ,and the shelf ,
gives me an idea or two.:awesome::awesome:

I agree, I love the way you made use of the space! Makes it look like more of a jungle in there too :D

Nice looking setup!

Cool! Awesome heli!

Thank you all! Like I said, its still a work in progress. I have two light fixtures up, one holding two T5's, the other two T12's. By what I can figure it should be enough for the plants that are closer, but so far no positive results from the recent switch. Im really hoping that the nectar spoons on that heliamphora will bulk up. Does anyone know if the common heterodoxa x minor hybrid is more tolerant of lower light?

Back