What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terraium contest!

• Thread starter Chomp
  • Start date

Chomp

Oops
I've been wanting to do this for some time, and I hope to do it again. I also hope to later-on ask someone else to judge so can enter.
This is a contest for terrariums.
To start off, winner gets bragging rights. (sorry, I'm pretty broke...)
It doesn't matter when you took the pic, or when you made the terra, so long as it's yours, and you still own it.
There's no extra judging for terras with animals, but that doesn't mean you can't enter them.
Ends next wedsday, midnight.
If you have 2 terras, you can enter both of them, and it doesnt matter how many pics you use.
I think that thats it, and for the reckord, this was completely inspired by SirKristoff.

Does it have to be planted or can it just be like....glass cube with potted plants inside?

Who am I to say what a terrarium is? Although I kinda ment planted, but if you want, go for it!

Do CP's have to be involved with this terrarium competition? :p

I would love to see some terrariums from you guys!

Are you going to kick it off with a pic of your own Chomp?

For judging why not have a poll setup that becomes active when the contest ends (Midnight wed) and voting is open for 24 hours ending midnight Thursday.

I agree, a poll option would be best.

I'd enter mine but it looks like crud and basically is just a bunch of pots in water. LOL

I'm not sure I understand how, but it doesn't matter what plants are used.
Can you better explain how to vote? I would love to do it, but I'm not sure I understand much...

Here are some shots of my "terrarium"
I removed the front glass to make pics.

IMG_7688.jpg

IMG_7691.jpg

IMG_7693.jpg

IMG_7699.jpg

Can I string up a hammock and go live in your growspace Tali? It looks nice in there! (Love the fern too!)

I've tried, there's not enough room in there :(

Just send a PM to Andrew (adnedarn) on Wed at midnight and ask him to post a poll with the name of each contestant like:

1. Taliesin-DS
2. ...

and he can set it up then people could vote on who's setup they like best this time round.

Might wanna ask him today-ish if he feels like dong it first of course! LOL

I dunno...on other forums usually they keep things like this anonymous just so it can't become personal. I'm not saying it would but it just removes the risk entirely. Generally you send the picture to the post/poll maker who then knows which is which and can announce the winner after the poll is done.

Just a thought. :)

Uh, I'm still not sure I understand...

Yeah I didn't exactly word that right lol

What I mean is the people who want to enter send their pictures with their user names via email to the person running the contest. The person who is running the contest then posts all the pictures each with an assigned number (so it stays anonymous) which corresponds to a poll option. People then vote on which picture they think should win and when it is over the person running the contest, who knows which number matches up with which member, announces the member who won. Does that make more sense?

Yes very much. So, am I right to those directions to say: Everyone please send me pics? (I prefer PM) I think I'm doing that right. You made perfect sense, I'm just bad with directions anyway.

Can we send pics via PM here? I wasn't aware of that. If so, would be easier than using email.

Tali, your "terrarium" is my dream. Is it in your house, or in base room? What's the size of it?

Zhilin

Here are some shots of my "terrarium"
I removed the front glass to make pics.

great grow space & amazing plants! but... that's not exactly what I'd call a "terrarium". I could call my greenhouse a "terrarium" if the definition is going to be that broad. right? anyone?

Yeah, would you consider it a grow chamber of any type w/artificial light? Very nice grow chamber (terrarium) by the way.

Back