What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Terrarium & Dish Garden Pics

PingTer.jpg

pings growing epiphitically on bark

DomeTer.jpg

Heli, Pings, Drosera, pygmy ferns, orchid in a lava rock landscape dome

DishGards.jpg

various dish gardens

Boutros.jpg
[/IMG]
"Boutros" is his name(I didn't name him!)

those are sooo coool!!!! wow

I want the first one pictured.. can I have it, trade for it, buy it with Monopoly money?

Pure. Awesome!

Love The Pings On The Bark / Awesome Set Up
&
Gotta Ask Where Did You Get That Dome

holy cow! awesome setups!!!

WOW! Those are all really nice! I've contemplated putting some of my plants into nicer containers but haven't quite gotten around to doing it other than the cephs..

The first one is amazing how long has it been going?

The last one is hilarious! Is that a Jaguar Stegosaurus? The binata fits the quirky pot perfectly! :D

Thanks everyone.
Got the dome at a store in Glen Park here in SF. The store is a vintage/collectibles furniture store but the domes were all brand new/modern. they cane in a variety of sized up to about 4 feet across. You cold probably find them online.
The first one--Pings on bark--is not even a year old yet. The pings love it. I put bark in all my ping mix now.
cheers

they cane in a variety of sized up to about 4 feet across

That would be awesome! The garden center where my aunt works sometimes has the 12" ones but nothing bigger than that. Was there a brand name or sticker on the dome that you could give us to search for?

Very awesome!

Wow.... those are absolutely stunning. I really love them. I want to be able to do that oo one day! Beautiful!

These are amazing!
How to you get the pings to stick to the bark?

Stunning! What conditions would you say you give the one with the heliamphora growing in it?

How did you make the first one and how did you ankor the pings? AND What do you use for the soil in the others? I'm kinda new and this is fasinating !!!! Please let me know! Thanks

Very very amazing pics. Well, I have to tell you one thing. After have enjoyed your pics, I decided to do such tabletop terrarium for myself. I even bought a book on this fancy job, and now starting to learn how to design.

These are beautiful!!! How original, I wish I had your eye for plants layout.... Please keep the pictures coming; thanks for sharing.

Those are drop dead gorgeous set ups. A+ A+ A+

Back