What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dexenthes

Aristoloingulamata
I just went and got some more moss and re-organized my terrarium. The old Nepenthes were getting tangled and cramped, so I figured it was time to get the logistics of my confined space better figured out!

Here's my Nepenthes spectabilis x talangensis in the center. This plant has been really vigorous so far and had no troubles with the Lowland environment! It's got pitchers everywhere. Resting on its pot is my new spectabilis x aristolochioides. It's putting out a new leaf already and seems to be adapting well despite me dropping it! :[] Behind it is my bicalcarata working on it's first new pitcher it's tried making in many many months!

SANY0762.jpg

Here's the new jacquelineae also putting out a new leaf, it seems unscathed by the shipping! :D

SANY0763.jpg

And my ampullaria x "talangengsis" that I got at the same time as the spec x talang. It's pretty evident how prominent the talangensis is in this cross. :banana2:

SANY0764.jpg

All in all I hope the new sphagnum moss does well and that the plants dig the rearrangements. The bical's starting to think.... "Wait, this isn't Borneo!"

SANY0765.jpg

purdy

Beautiful plants and moss :) I always like loads of lfs

It looks great :D
It could use some ferns though ;)

Ooh Pretty!

nice setup .
Your amp x talang, looks right much like mine, every one tells me mine has no talangensis in it , Im not so sure either, or at least it doesnt look like it .
Can you get a better shot of the pitchers? the large one on the lower left ,and the small ones too.
Here is mine.
Do you think mine looks like yours?
If not ,what difference are you seeing? ???
IMG_3210.jpg
IMG_3211-1.jpg
IMG_3213.jpg

Thanks for the kind comments guys. :)

@ Taliesin - I had a really cool hitch hiker fern that had been in my bical pot for years, I finally replanted it in its own pot and promptly gave it no care whatsoever and it died. :( Oh well. But you're right the tank could use some non neps in there. :D

@ uphwiz - I would take more detailed pics for you, but come on, both mine and your pics say it all! The lid lifting vertically and the tendril being close to the leaf, and then forming rosettes near the bass of the vine, clearly all thru and thru talangensis traits! ;)

Interesting tank - thanks for sharing ...
Here's the new jacquelineae also putting out a new leaf, it seems unscathed by the shipping! :D
You've got a jac in with bical & amps? :scratch:

@ uphwiz - The lid lifting vertically and the tendril being close to the leaf, and then forming rosettes near the bass of the vine, clearly all thru and thru talangensis traits! ;)

I think these traits belong to N.amp, not N.talang.

Anyway, beautiful plants and the red moss. My amp x talang. just has recovered from travel stress and starts to form pitcher in my highlander conditions. But it seems that this hybrid is more suitable to grow in lowlander conditions.

@RL7836 - Never fear! I have a separate terrarium that the jacq and spec x aristo go into at night in my room where it gets nice and chilly. :)

@Zhilin - I guess I better just knock it off and clarify. Sarcasm obviously does not get picked up on the intrawebs very easily! I'm convinced that this "cross" is pure ampullaria. Haven't seen anything on my plant, or on anyone's online that would make me think it has any talangensis in it. You might want to help the poor guy out and just put him in a nice steamy L/L set up and let him get to it. ;)

yha, ferns would look cool in there...

Back