What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass's Greenhouse

• Thread starter mass
  • Start date
Is that Indica you received from the recent Sase? It must be VERY vigorous. Mine hasn't sprouted yet, but I hope it does soon.

All of my dew sprouts came from SDCP seed SASE pretty much. So yeah, not too long ago. I should also point out that the seeds germinated on very wet peat, in a tank, under 4 grow lights. Once I got so many of them, I transferred them out into the dew bogs. I can only imagine how these tubs are going to explode once I get the entire bog back under the grow lights. :0o:

Mass, those dews need alot more light, and probably less wetness for the south african species and d. indica. I hope that's temporary!

I'm glad to see that my seeds sprouted for you!

I have to agree fully.. It is indeed temporary. I'll be moving back into my newly built house next week sometime. And all my grow lights, tanks, grow box, grow chamber, and what not are there in my shed. Can't WAIT to go home!!
And as for the moisture, I had just filled the tubs with water right before the pics. I don't keep them that wet all the time. Just avoiding them from drying out too much is all..

And as for this pot of NOID sprouts.. all I can figure is some sort of tuberous seeds that I got from Liz. It looks like burmannii or sessilifolia, but I literally have never had either of those seeds before.
Liz, what were the dew seeds you sent me? D. glanduligera was one I think.. :scratch:

100_6297.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my....expecting me to remember, huh? :p
Definitely wasn't Graminifolia...
I know you said you wanted Erythrorhiza...but what you have growing there looks nothing like it.
The other was...
Oh, it had to have been Glanduligera!
It's the only G-seed I have AND it looks similarish to what you have, I think.

I knew one of them started with a G. Time for some research I guess..

those are tuberous sprouts ?

Glanduligera isn't tuberous. It's an annual - like burmanii - which is what those seeds resemble. We'll have to see if they put out those huge inflorecenses that G is famous for.

that be sick to have all those tubers. they look like mini burmaniis at this point

D. glanduligera. AFAIK they are one of the few with that depression/dimple on the leaf. Also see it on D. burmanii and D. sessilifolia

D_gla.jpg

Dgl.jpg

feed it regularly. or it wont grow. Behaves like a tuberous species in terms of temp and seasonality. fall-spring grower if it gets to warm it will die. AFAIK cant be reproduced vegetatively, but i haven't tried

I know, right. But I literally have 1 burmannii. It was a hitchhiker in a sarr pot.. and it's even grown in the dew bog, seperately from these. And I honostly have never had a set of burmannii seeds in my life.

*sniffle* well, atleast they liked you.

D. glanduligera. AFAIK they are one of the few with that depression/dimple on the leaf. Also see it on D. burmanii and D. sessilifolia

feed it regularly. or it wont grow. Behaves like a tuberous species in terms of temp and seasonality. fall-spring grower if it gets to warm it will die. AFAIK cant be reproduced vegetatively, but i haven't tried

Roger that.. I guess it's unanomous on the sp. then. :-D Thanks for the help on the I.D. Kula.

*sniffle* well, atleast they liked you.

aww.. cheer up buttercup. At least you know who's getting the first shipment.

Last edited:
Some new, some old..

P. agnata 'El Lobo'

100_6469.jpg

N. diatas

100_6472.jpg

N. lowii 'Trusmadi'

100_6474.jpg

I'm really proud I brought these two back to life. This one is back after a brutal sunburn!! N. truncata x x TM

100_6478.jpg

100_6476.jpg

And this one didn't care for it's change in conditions during the move. It was nothing but a stick when it was moved into the GH!! N. tobaica x talangensis

100_6506.jpg

100_6507.jpg

100_6511.jpg

100_6510.jpg

Mixed N. x ventrata basket going bonkers.

100_6512.jpg

4 seed grown N. veitchii 'Striped' "Pa'Umor"

100_6480.jpg

7 seed grown N. albomarginata ‘Red’ (Gunung Jerai)

100_6492.jpg

9 seed grown N. maxima

100_6494.jpg

2 seed grown N. glabrata

100_6498.jpg

100_6495.jpg

And the best for last.. A cross you will be lucky to see. Heck, I was lucky to even get one. First time ever crossed, seed grown by Jeremiah.. N. diatas x mira

100_6490.jpg

100_6487.jpg

100_6491.jpg

Last edited:
So there was new pictures and pretty plants and I was all :drool: and :love: and :spazz: so loud that it woke up Dad.
....he is very unhappy.
BUT. I don't careeeeee cause omg, cannot get enough of plants :-D

Nice, can't wait to see what kind of variation you get from all those seed grown plants.

So there was new pictures and pretty plants and I was all :drool: and :love: and :spazz: so loud that it woke up Dad.
....he is very unhappy.
BUT. I don't careeeeee cause omg, cannot get enough of plants :-D

I can't get enough of them either.. That's why I keep getting new ones! :blush:

I meant to say your plants :p
But yeah, plants as a whole are something I always need more of :D

I love the Albo Red-It's lowland though, right?
That glabrata is awesome! I've never succesfully seedgrown a nep... maybe if I got some fresh seed from my own plants...

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Oh yeah, remember how I said my indica had not sprouted? Yesterday I found my FIRST sprout.

I love the Albo Red-It's lowland though, right?
That glabrata is awesome! I've never succesfully seedgrown a nep... maybe if I got some fresh seed from my own plants...

Oh yeah, remember how I said my indica had not sprouted? Yesterday I found my FIRST sprout.

Yeah, it is indeed a LL. As far as I know there's only one variation of albo that is considered a H/L.

Congrats!! Mine are still going nuts..

Those glabrata look great. And that Jeremiah hybrid should turn out to be pretty funky!

Those glabrata look great. And that Jeremiah hybrid should turn out to be pretty funky!

Thank you!
I know, I can't wait to see some adult pitchers. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on it's progress in the POTM threads. :-D

Back