What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass's Greenhouse

• Thread starter mass
  • Start date
It's not the Vornado, is it? What brand is it? I'll have to look for something similar.

A strictly indoor greenhouse... very interesting. How do you light it? Just a bunch of shop lights?

Yeah, the Vornado.. It's a.. Vornado brand. :crazy:
http://www.vornado.com/ProductDetai...tegoryId=c2c26d21-705c-4e93-b8d5-9ac100a8a59e

Not exactly.. Page 1 of this thread shows the lighting. I'm running one of these, about to be 2: http://www.buyplantlights.com/fluorescent-fixture-pld44ws-c.html
With 6 of these bulbs: http://www.buyplantlights.com/fluorescent-bulb-40gl-1.html

Wow, I'm kind of surprised that's enough light for all that space and depth. Especially for T12s. Very interesting, though, I might have to look into an indoor greenhouse. Thanks for the links!

Wow, I'm kind of surprised that's enough light for all that space and depth. Especially for T12s. Very interesting, though, I might have to look into an indoor greenhouse. Thanks for the links!

It's not.. but the lack of light is only temporary. I have 10 more fixtures and plenty of bulbs at home. And right about now.. home isn't that far off.

Gotcha. Ten more of the same fixture?!

nope.. just 2 bulb fixtures. My father gave me a dozen of them.

Alright, that makes more sense. I thought you were talking about running over 2600w, haha. So was it just inside while your house was being built? How long were they under that kind of light? They certainly don't look to have taken any ill effects of it.

No ill affects, just not growing to their full potential. They've been like this since I got the GH back in September.
It's been here at my mother's with me while the house was being built, it's out in the 3 season's room.

Mkay. Thanks for answering my plethora of questions, LOL.

It's all I have to look forward to each and every day.

just a few quick updates..

hamata trio

100_6730.jpg

100_6731.jpg

100_6732.jpg

100_6733.jpg

N.villosa

100_6735.jpg

100_6737.jpg

retarded petiolata pitchers, caused by humidity acclimation process IMO

100_6743.jpg

100_6746.jpg

spec x vent male flower about to do it's thing..

100_6741.jpg

It's been way too long without an update.
Everything's looking great as always!
:-D

I went out and bought a second fogging humidifier for my new LL GH. We're going to solve this low humidity problem immediately! I'll be damned if I lose anymore LL's to humidity shock. :(

GH #2 is up and running, and my new house is pimp! I'll post pics once my Internet gets turned on later today.

Oooh, as always, looking forward to it. :) Your plants are so dark and green. Makes me think that mine maybe suffering from chlorosis.

I've got internet!!
I took a ton of pics of the house, greenhouses, and plants for you guys. But now, my camera cord has gone missing. GREAT.. so, you all must wait until I can buy a memory card reader.

Bought a memory card reader.. ;) but now you must wait until I can get time away from the holidays. Cute dog by the way. Poor little guy..

Back