What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PVC Light Stand & indoor bramble patch

I need to grow some brambles and other food plants for my critters over winter and I needed someway to fit a strip light behind my desk where I'm keeping the plants so I came up with the idea of making a U frame with PVC pipe and PVC elbows. $6.39 later I had the perfect space saving light hanging solution! I may upgrade to a T5 fixture but for the moment this old fashioned T12 will do.

PVClight1.jpg

Flash approves!

PVClight2.jpg

Swords,

what species of rubus? Do they lose their leaves in the fall? At least one of the two native species here does, but it is a higher elevation adapted species..... Not sure about the other. OTOH can think of a few of the weedy species here that never seem to drop leaves.....

The raspberry is a variety from Poland called Polka and the blackberry is Navajo both are upright thornless varieties grown in greenhouses from TC (they are showing disfavor for my very dry house LOL). I just got them so I don't know what they will do over winter, they will not be getting winter indoors though so hopefully I can trick them into growth with warm temps, moisture and nutrients. My dad's raspberry is taking over the living room so hopefully I'll be just as lucky.

Don't know what the roses are, but I remember the one with larger leaves is called "John F Kennedy".

Back