What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice shots of that Pinguicula, I'd say that's calender worthy!

Thanks, it's now my wallpaper. ^.^

I honestly cannot believe that is adelae. You've got the nicest adelae in the world(and by the world, I truly mean the world)!

Lie! For one, it depends on your tastes. I'm very sure there is a much nicer genetic entity out there in the wild somewhere.

The plant does get very red, and that makes it quite nice-looking, however, it depends on growing conditions.

The main "flaw" I have noticed with this plant is that the leaves seem to curl backwards quite a bit.

The plant I will be crossing it with doesn't have this trait, and the leaves are a bit broader. Should be interesting to see how it turns out!

Take this pic for example. Another nice specimin:

crown_close_red_Drosera_adelae.JPG

Anyway, you get the general idea. It's never safe to say one plant is the nicest in the world even if it is beautiful ;)

Lie! For one, it depends on your tastes. I'm very sure there is a much nicer genetic entity out there in the wild somewhere.

The plant does get very red, and that makes it quite nice-looking, however, it depends on growing conditions.

The main "flaw" I have noticed with this plant is that the leaves seem to curl backwards quite a bit.

The plant I will be crossing it with doesn't have this trait, and the leaves are a bit broader. Should be interesting to see how it turns out!

Take this pic for example. Another nice specimin:

crown_close_red_Drosera_adelae.JPG

Anyway, you get the general idea. It's never safe to say one plant is the nicest in the world even if it is beautiful ;)

True... unless it's a super rare nep species, THEN you can say that if it's the only one in cultivation!:-))

You just never know what's out there. But man that is a gorgeous dew. Crazy vibrant.

Why are the leaves curling back considered a "flaw" as opposed to a simple variation? Is it indicative of something bad I don't know about? o_O

Been too long! Time for some pics!

To start, my new Darlingtonia californica setup, detailed in this thread.

1%20(5).JPG

And on to today's photoshoot. Click on any image for its full size.

Nepenthes ventricosa. Can't decide any more if it's the red form or not. Sometimes it pitchers super red, sometimes they're like these. I'unno.

I've been trying to get some dead LFS to sprout for me for months and it finally has, so I decided to "seed" my cobra setup with a few pieces.

The full rack as of today.

Left side of the "main" rack.

And the right side.

Right side of the "seedling/germination/cutting" rack.

And the left side.

Dionaea muscipula.

Drosera capensis "Wide Leaf."

Double flower stalk on Drosera aliciae.

And the Drosera aliciae clump.

Utricularia bisquamata in the minibog.

Dewy dewy nice 'n gooey.

Drosera enodes "Scott River" is producing gemmae for me. Anyone want some?

Fog and dew, a wonderful combination.

So's fog and Nepenthes. Nepenthes 'Judith Finn' here.

A mutated Dionaea muscipula 'Red Dragon' trap.

Something attractive about a stand of sporophytes to me. Dunno why, I know it only means more of the "pest" moss on the way.

Drosera adelae flowers.

I have a couple mushrooms growing in the minibog, and I'm not complaining. Yay fungi!

Here's the other.

Another shot of the Utricularia bisquamata in the minibog.

A Utricularia livida stalk.

And the same Utricularia livida; foliage this time, along with whatever that hitchhiker might be.

More after the break...

I know Utricularia bisquamata is supposed to be a "pest" Utric, but how can you say no to those adorably happy-looking flowers?

Nepenthes inermis x bongso.

Nepenthes ventricosa.

Cephalotus follicularis.

Drosera spatulata "Pink Flower" from a stalk cutting compliments of limeslide.

Drosera filiformis "Florida Red" from seed compliments of SDCPs.

Drosera indica "Pale Pink Flower" from seed, also compliments of SDCPs.

Drosera binata var. dichotoma from a cutting, again compliments of SDCPs.

Crappy shot, but it's a Drosera enodes "Scott River" gemmae sprouting.

Sarracenia purpurea.

Pinguicula 'Titan' compliments of SirKristoff.

Kind of a neat shot of the minibog mid-watering.

Lesson: feed your plants regularly or they start eating eachother!

Dionaea muscipula.

And a teeny Dionaea muscipula pup.

And that wraps this photoshoot up! Until next time!

Amazing collection! :O I'm glad those string-of-pearl cuttings are growing well for you!

I love that pic of your VFT eating your dew.. lol.. classic!

And your dews look AMAZING!!

Thanks guys.

@lime: Yep, it's doing pretty well. Slow, but good. ^.^

@mass: Yeah, I love the shot of the flytrap munching on the Drosera adelae. Good stuff. Maybe I should start catching house flies for it. XD

How tall are your filiformis seedlings? My biggest are about an inch or so...

Same here, about an inch.

I'm left somewhere between breathtaken and so awestruck I want to weep.
Phenomenal shots of phenomenal plants. :love:
It's great to have you back! :-D

Really nice plants and photos!

@Liz: Jeez, thank you. :blush:

@tommyr: Thanks!

No post-processing. Click any image for full size.

Sarracenia are waking up for the season.

Lowe's rescue; Sarracenia flava?

Another Lowe's rescue; Sarracenia purpurea

No idea. Anyone?

Weeds are looking happy.

Stylidium debile colony, thanks to limeslide.

Bunch'a seedlings.

Drosera venusta seedlings, seed from SDCPs.

Drosera filiformis "Florida Red" seedlings, seed from SDCPs.

This is in my Drosera filiformis "Florida Red" seedling box, but those certainly don't look like D. filiformis. Any ideas?

Soon-to-be Drosera enodes "Scott River" forest.

Utricularia tridentata foliage.

My youngin' tray.

Death cube rescue; Drosera capillaris is my guess.

Cephalotus follicularis. What's with all the non-carnivorous leaves? And it looks like it was making its first mature pitcher and then it went retarded. *facepalm*

Drosera binata var. dichotoma, from SDCPs.

Nepenthes inermis x bongso.

And for my new sphagnum chamber, build idea stolen entirely from mass, moss also from mass. <3

The green side.

The red side.

There're dews poppin' up all over the red side. What are they, mass, do you know?

And, finally, the Drosera adelae pot I'm planning on donating to the NASC auction. At least 6 plants in there, a few of which are flowering, as you can see.

WOW that adelae looks GREAT! :hail:

Nice Adelaes! Mine are all blooming as well! My Sarrs are waking, I have one VFT flower stalking. Ahhh, SPRING!

WHoah! That D. adelae is impressive!! I know what I have my eyes on for the auction.

Back