What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do 40W, 24" Fluorescent Lights Exist?

The tubes and shop fixtures you can buy at Home Depot or Lowe's. You'll have to buy the cord/plug too and wire it up yourself and maybe hardware/chains to hang the fixtures. Tubes are like $7-12 for a two pack. I don't remember how much the fixtures are. I bought one used from an LACPS member for $5 and another fixture from a hydroponics store - all wired up with a switch and hanging hardware for maybe $20-25. Fixtures from Lowes, HD or WalMart will probably cost you $10-20 each. You can probably get T8 fixtures which will give you a little more efficiency.

You could always try your local head/hydroponics shop. There's one in Buffalo about 20 miles from your zip code. $114-130 for 4 tube fixture including tubes:

http://www.hydrofarm.com/pb_master.php?category=19

Last edited:
Hey JS,
Looks like a nice choice!

Oh yea...
So, is your wife paying for it?
(You mentioned her getting the info.... did she choose it or did you?)
Always nice to get a gift you can use!
(You did remember to get HER something nice too this year, right?!) :-D
[Never too early to start hoping for next years gift!]

Looks like it will do the job nicely!
Congrats! :banana2:

LOL! The task of coming up with a light, from forwarded Emails of this topic, fell to her sister, who then gave me cash, which then got used to pay bills. All nice gifts that we gave one another promptly got returned in order to pay the bills. Gotta love it! However, once the bottleneck is overcome, I'll get that light. Ironically, the compant that sells the light, is about an hour drive from me. don't know which is worse: a round trip drive... or just paying for shipping/ handling.

Oh yes,
the dreaded bills! The holidays for us means tax time and all our insurance bills come in the also. It wipes us out totally!
Well, don't let it pass you by without also treating yourself too. Otherwise it becomes pointless. You have to give to yourself in addition to everyone & everything else, as it keeps you going.
So don't let it pass. And if there is anything else in the area, a drive is always nice. You can take your wife out along the way and make an outing of it.
Besides, if you go there, you might see something else of interest, or the store-keep may have other advice or throw something else in for the effort.

Take care!

Thanks for the sentiment. Just have to get by the current hump.

Back