What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey tf its been a long time since I've posted pics here so here we go. My "greenhouse" is a Mylar Hydroponics Grow Tent and I've ran tubing thorough it. The tubing is connected to a pump in a freezer on a timer. The pump is also on a timer. So i end up with icy water being pumped throughout the greenhouse.
100_1226.jpg

inside the freezer.
100_1227.jpg

The grow tent is made for ventilation, there are air vents everywhere in it, so ive covered them up to raise the humidity and made a humidifier.
100_1228.jpg

To light it I use 3 Agrosun 4' lights and 1 2' light.
100_1230.jpg

If anyone is confused just ask your question I'll be happy to answer it. I also snapped a few pics of some plants
100_1236.jpg

Drosera Stolonifera ssp.porrecta
100_1242.jpg

100_1238.jpg

N. Macrophylla
100_1245.jpg

U. campbelliana If you can see the tiny leaves in the center of the pic.
100_1253.jpg

some of the neps

Very pretty Macrophylla!

Hi Adam. Great post! Thanks for sharing your highland grow space - I always enjoy seeing how people get creative to produce the conditions the plants like / need.

From the pics, I think I understand the basic setup - but I've got a bunch of clarification questions.
- the main enclosure is a foil-lined, insulated fabric (?) tent? What about the floor & water collection?
- the 1st pic shows the tubing going from the freezer to the tent? How cold is the water? Any issues with condensation on the lines?
- the 3rd pic is a fan blowing humid air from a tub of water?
- the cooling is achieved just from the the cool water inside the tubing running around the inside of the greenhouse? (there are no radiators & fans helping to cool?) What temps do you see day & night? Do they vary with the seasons?
- the lights are T-8's?
- how long have you had this setup? Do you grow your Heli's in there?
- how long have you had your campy? What media are you using? It looks a bit smaller than my U. jamesoniana :0o:

nice to see the campbelliana growing on this side of the pond! makes you wonder how a tiny plant can make such BIG flowers doesnt it?

love your macro! It's getting big..

@RL7836 I will try to sum it up
The inside is lined with mylar(it comes that way). I don't get water collection because most of it evaporates and the water that doesn't evaporate i will wipe up with a towel. Yes the 1st pic shows the tubing going from the freezer to the tent. I'm not sure how cold the water gets( I'm still tinkering with the time) but once the water starts to freeze I back the timer off a little. I do get condensation on the lines but it usually evaporates off. I should have explained the humidifier a little further, it has an ultrasonic humidifier in the water, so the fan blows the fog out of the box. I also supplement with ice a little in the summer because it does vary with the seasons. Right now i don't have a way to measure the temps but a thermometer is on its way to me. I'll check what the lights are for you. I have had this setup for about 3 or 4 months but i've gotten the conditions stable with in the last month. My helis hated the move because i didn't have the humidity as high as they were use to so i lost a few:'(. I've had my campy for about 5 months and I'm going to wright how I grow it tomorrow. Thanks for the macro comments.
adam

I just checked and I use T12s. Also my temps are about 48-55 at night and 65-73 during the day depending on the season.

Back