What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thank goodness for redundancy

• Thread starter Av8tor1
  • Start date
Came home after being out of town all day Christmas shopping and found one of my cooling fans not running.

For whatever reason a power supply failed...

My 6 bulb T5HO is less then 4 inches from my helis.... but ahhhh all is well.

Thank goodness I run dual low Cfm fans and dual power supplies. The failure of any one unit is a non issue. However, had it been the only one....it would have been a total loss.

Both systems back up and running,

gotta love it :hail:

THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOO SCARY! O.O

reminds me of the time when i came back home and i smelt ionized air in the home....looked into the terrarium---the humidifier pretty much drenched the fan i was using---and melted it XD

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL.... ive not done that one, ummm yet :p

(rendundant replies dont qualify :p)
hhehehehehee teasin

the funny part was that wasnt dont purposefully. i posted and it said wait 15 seconds before posting on recently posted thread or something like that. lol. oh the irony.

Redundancy is certainly a good idea. Years ago I had a 90 gallon fish tank and ran three separate filters. One was the big fancy eheim wet/dry filter, and for backup I bought two of those small waterfall filters that hang on the side of the tank (each one is supposed to be able to handle about 30-40 gallons).

Fortunately I never had a major failure but better safe than sorry.

Back ups act as insurance,
and this is one instance when it proved why it is always worth doing...
especially with plants that are expensive, rare or valuable to the grower.

If it were a few typ. VFT's, no worries; but when we grow a lot of nice plants,
it always pays to have a back-up system in place.
As you have just proven Butch!

Good Save!
:-D

Same goes for plants for me, I like to propigate my CPs as soon as possible, that way if something happens to one, I have one or more to replace it......I've saved species from being wiped out in my collection this way.

Back