What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sweet pics mass, I like the villosa hiding in the moss, the word that comes to mind: ambush.

Hooray! I went out for a bit to see some fireworks, and when I got home I found the lid popped on my secret weapon. :boogie: Now a couple weeks to take shape and it's time to release it into the POTM. And no, you can't see pics of it before then. :lac:
Hint: It's my favorite nep in my collection.

Travis...

It looks like a truncata hybrid... the secret weapon that is
perhaps lowii x truncata?

Travis...

It looks like a truncata hybrid... the secret weapon that is
perhaps lowii x truncata?

haha.. I like that you took a guess. And I like you, your cool. But no. I do however feel your guess constitutes another hint.
Hint: It is indeed a lowii hybrid, but not necessarily having lowii as the mother. Hmm.. what ever could it be? ???

veitchii x lowii

You are truly amazing sir. Someone give this man a cigar. Unless he doesn't smoke, then he can have a gold star and a nice shiney nickel. But seriously, your prize is showing us pictures of your plants! :awesome:
I can't wait for this bad boy to get some REAL size to it. I know, not much of a secret weapon, but I'm obviously excited for this pitcher to open.

A few pics from this morning..

N. veitchii x lowii

IMG_6269.jpg

IMG_6267.jpg

IMG_6266.jpg

IMG_6265.jpg

C. 'Vigorous Clumping' going strong..

IMG_6271.jpg

B52

IMG_6274copy.jpg

IMG_6274.jpg

C. "Hell Boy" (Typical)

IMG_6275.jpg

S. purpurea ssp. venosa

IMG_6278.jpg

IMG_6279.jpg

Oh man, these shots are just getting better and better :love:

Secret is I just let the camera do all the work. ;)

Thought it was about that time.. :rolleyes:

The view from my reading chair.

IMG_6340.jpg

From left to right, or front to back.. if you will.

IMG_6342.jpg

IMG_6343.jpg

IMG_6374.jpg

IMG_6370.jpg

IMG_6375.jpg

IMG_6338.jpg

IMG_6373.jpg

IMG_6333.jpg

IMG_6331.jpg

IMG_6332.jpg

Cephalotus 'Vigorous Clumping'

IMG_6367.jpg

Cephalotus 'Big Boy'

IMG_6369.jpg

IMG_6339.jpg

D. regia 'Typical' and Roridula

IMG_6336.jpg

IMG_6366.jpg

I love how these two are keeping up with each other, and pitchering in each other's pots. HL and LL pitchering side by side in HL conditions. N. vogelii and N. albomarginata 'Green'

IMG_6337.jpg

IMG_6357-1.jpg

IMG_6334.jpg

SG N. spectabilis x mira and upcoming N. veitchii (K)

IMG_6349.jpg

IMG_6350.jpg

WOOHOO!! N. 'Sabre' basal is rooted, repotted, and off -N- running!

IMG_6347.jpg

Continued..

N. flava with N. aristolochoides basals breaking the surface.

IMG_6346.jpg

Newest fern during a rearrangement of space.

IMG_6345.jpg

IMG_6354.jpg

Flowering D. peltata (I give up, grow all you want :rolleyes:), D. sp. 'Carbarup', and D. allantostigma

IMG_6348.jpg

A whole mess of SG cobras.

IMG_6356.jpg

H. heterodoxa x minor from Butch going strong.

IMG_6355.jpg

A couple highlighted items..

The pitcher that just won't die. Full of food for months, and still holding up. SG N. 'Song of Melancholy' (Striped)

IMG_6365.jpg

Pulled this guy out because he was buried in ferns. Found a freshly opened pitcher I didn't even know was there! SG N. 'Viscarla'

IMG_6364.jpg

IMG_6358.jpg

IMG_6363.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful pics mass :)

I'm just stunned by the awesomeness. :hail:

Ooooooh wow, quite the jungle you got going on there!

*makes an invisible hammock in a non-occupied space*

:laaa:

Dang, I love your set up and your plants all look so beautiful! Is that a swamp cooler or an ac unit that your using, and how is the new ultra-highland chamber coming?

Dang, I love your set up and your plants all look so beautiful! Is that a swamp cooler or an ac unit that your using, and how is the new ultra-highland chamber coming?

Why thank you.
I am using an AC unit for temp control, and an ultra-sonic fogging humidifier for the.. well.. humidity.
The UHL chamber hasn't been touched yet. Not much I can do with it until I can afford the lights.

That's a bummer. I thought I saw you say it was set up with the cooling for the lights built in, so I'm assuming it takes mh or hps lights. At any rate that's a sick chamber, one I wouldn't mind owning. Keep up the good growing so we can continue to see the plethora of pics :D

I've had an unknown for some time that no one's been able to identify. Compare this:

cp-jul2011-unknown001.jpg

to your N x 'Viscaria'. Does it look like one and the same to you?

I've had an unknown for some time that no one's been able to identify. Compare this to your N x 'Viscaria'. Does it look like one and the same to you?

mmm.. I think that one has something more than the 'Viscarla' cross. The spotting on the pitcher and slight striping on the peristome are different than mine.
'Viscarla' is spathulata x (tobaica x talangensis).. none of which has striping.

That's a bummer. I thought I saw you say it was set up with the cooling for the lights built in, so I'm assuming it takes mh or hps lights.

Most of the light comes from a T5HO fixture.

Back