What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Love the green on red(ish)! I gotta get me a Nep that stays green...

BE say's it's that time again.. so here you go chicka monkey.

A couple upcomings. First up is yet another veitchii K.

IMG_7981.jpg

And another from vogelii

IMG_7987.jpg

New veitchii x lowii from Damon. Thanks again buddy.

IMG_7983.jpg

Older veitchii x lowii from Zero. By far my favorite plant in my entire collection.

IMG_7990.jpg

That is until this bad boy starts growing out. I am truly ecstatic I was able to save this cutting. N. truncata x x TM.

IMG_7991.jpg

And some utric flowers starting to check out.

IMG_7996.jpg

IMG_7997.jpg

IMG_7998.jpg

Stunning as always.

Is that a monster regia in the first pic I see??

tis' indeed.

Love the pics

Congrats on saving the N. truncata x x TM. What was wrong with it? what signs did it show? and what did you do to fix er up? Just curious :).

Very, very nice setup, jealous. I cannot get enough of your pics. I would love to be able to grow neps, but I do not have a greenhouse...yet, he, he.

Love the pics

Congrats on saving the N. truncata x x TM. What was wrong with it? what signs did it show? and what did you do to fix er up? Just curious :).

See how the old leaves are white? It showed up looking like it had a pretty rough trip. Never seen a cutting turn white before.
I put it in 100% live LFS in a 100% humidity tank for about 60 days until it started showing new growth. At which time I moved it with the rest of the truncata hybrids. Bright light from 8 T5HO's, humidity at about 80%-85%, and appropriate HL temps.

See how the old leaves are white? It showed up looking like it had a pretty rough trip. Never seen a cutting turn white before.
I put it in 100% live LFS in a 100% humidity tank for about 60 days until it started showing new growth. At which time I moved it with the rest of the truncata hybrids. Bright light from 8 T5HO's, humidity at about 80%-85%, and appropriate HL temps.

Wow crazy. I had the same experience with my Veitchii (k). It arrived and looked well, but right away started going down hill. The leaves dried all up and became somewhat whitish like you said yours did. It died though, I couldnt save it. I bagged it and it was in a loose mix of lfs, coco husk and perlite. The roots looked good and all, so I dont know what was up. Next time I'll try your method :). Can't wait to see yours when it pitchers!

I have 4 54w T5HOs above my highland tank; all 6400k. They're about 6 inches above the top of the plants with a slab of glass in between. How high are your lights? I moved mine up recently cause many of my plants seemed stressed by the light i think; they all showed a lot of red in the leaves. So I'm slowly moving them higher up each week. If you have any suggestions I'm all ears :).

I keep mine a ways up and off to a slant. Used to get red leaves when the lights were closer and pointed straight down.

IMG_7671.jpg

Everything looks great mass!!

Thanks for the pic :). Your setup looks great. The lights look pretty high. I must be stressing the hell outta some of mine. What's that about 3 feet from the top of the plants? I've been looking at the pic and I cant really judge the distance correctly.:-(

The metal frame has since adjusted since that pic. But the frame itself is 3ft. tall. So I'd say more like 4ft.

Awesome, thanks for the clarification Mass :)

Love the cephs!! And the Sphagnum!

YAY PICS! Everything looks awesome as always! I cant wait til my regia is big and pretty like that.

Just a couple things that caught my eye.

Upcoming N. albomarginata 'Kuching Spotted'

IMG_8028.jpg

IMG_8029.jpg

Newest from N. veitchii K popped today.

IMG_8034.jpg

Freakishly pink pitcher from my SG N. spectabilis x mira. First in my care..

IMG_8037.jpg

GHGHtTH......AWESOME!!! :-))

that one is indeed freakishly pink.. where's pics of other things?!

Sweet pics. Love the albo :) how big are your pitchers? Mine are still quite small; around 3 cm.

Time of Mass wanting comments: 9:48. Time of mass getting comments: 9:49...

o_o

Back