What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you use to fog up your greenhouse/grow rack? I have a ultrasonic fogger but it wont work in disstilled water only in tap water i think it might be the pressure and here is the link to what i have. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200556788029&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

In the first pic of this last update.. on the table, right side. Walgreen's special.. There's another on the floor under the table in the second pic. But that one is a cool mist so I don't use it much. I fill the white trays the plants are in with 2gal. of water once a week. Plants seem to love it, and it helps keep the humidity up around the plants.
I doubt the humidifier doesn't work with distilled water.. you should stop using that tap, it'll fry your fogger.

It doesnt Work in distilled water I have already tried it even my dad It just doesn't work only in tap it's ver weird I wish it would work in distilled water

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Also did you try out my link if not please click on it that is exactly what I have

ahh.. I was thinking it was a humidifier, rather than just a fogger. I don't have any experience with those.

Yeah but they work great and mine has brought my setup up to 90% relative humidity and it just ran for 5min and when I turned it on the humidity was at 50%

What page is your last uPdate on lol to big and sorry for spelling and stuff I am typing on my dads iphone

nice.. can't beat that. Better than I get with mine. But would it work on an entire GH?

Well it really depends on the size and your by the size I would say you shOuld use at least four and if you wanted the job well done I say six or seven but that's up to you and yes good deal and will get er done

Or I could just not use any and stick with my large cool mist humidifier.. tough choice.

Also since it is ultrasonic like a ultrasonic humidifier you can put tap water in it and it will clean the water making it safe for CPs that's what sarracenia northwest said and I thought using tap water with this ultrasonic fogged then it would do almost the same thing right I mean ultrasonic ultrasonic so anyone go against what I say or what they would dO because the fogged will not work in distilled water only in tap trust me I have already tried

you lost me.. but this is an awfully long discussion to carry on in my picture thread.

You know what I would do since they are so cheap I would try one out and see how you like it then if you want more you can of course get more and If you don't like it well you can use it for decoration in you house or something or just sell or trade it and It had three led light with it it Is a pretty nice tool to use for your cps

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Oh sorry I will stop just tell me please can we mOve this to the chat bOx or something thanks and I will stop using up your thread sorry for driving everyone crazy I will try to stop

Also since it is ultrasonic like a ultrasonic humidifier you can put tap water in it and it will clean the water making it safe for CPs that's what sarracenia northwest said and I thought using tap water with this ultrasonic fogged then it would do almost the same thing right I mean ultrasonic ultrasonic so anyone go against what I say or what they would dO because the fogged will not work in distilled water only in tap trust me I have already tried

My cool mist humidifier is the same way, (cheapo for those sick days), It will not produce mist with our pure tap water, but it works just fine with a FEW GRAINS of salt added to the water. There has to be mineral content present in the water to induce the cool mist it seems.

That's just odd.. all 3 of mine work just fine with any kind of water. But I've read tap is bad for the sensor thingy.

everything is so healthy! I love the pings, and that veitchii x platychila pitcher!!

everything is so healthy! I love the pings, and that veitchii x platychila pitcher!!

the pings are growing by leaps and bounds.. they could almost get a pic update everyday. I can't wait until my plants start producing pitchers that size in my care. Unfortunately for my ego, that veitchii x platychila arrived with those 3 pitchers. But thank you kindly.. :blush:

More mystery Sarrs, huh? ;)
The first one I want to say is S. Flava var. Cuprea, if that's the one that's been in question for like, ever. The next would maybe be S. Flava var. Ornata? I never saw the Ornata so I can't be for sure, but I can't think of anything else with veins like that.

Everything else looks absolutely lovely though, doing so great and happy as always :3 I can't wait for all those pitchers to pop because it just means more pictures! :boogie:

And your filiformis is totally beating mine, it's only just now starting to stir :p

That's it.. you nailed the sarr mystery! Good job..

More pics for sure.. just for you.

I grew that filiformis from a leaf cutting I got last summer. It's finally got some root action!

I fixed the poblem like boxofrain said all it needs are minerals all the time so does anyone thing i mean the tinyiest tinyiest amount of idoizoed salt in the disstiled water and mix it in then it works thanks boxofrain and does anyone think this is will be bad for my plants?

I fixed the poblem like boxofrain said all it needs are minerals all the time so does anyone thing i mean the tinyiest tinyiest amount of idoizoed salt in the disstiled water and mix it in then it works thanks boxofrain and does anyone think this is will be bad for my plants?

Not the place for a ton of questions eou..

Oh yeah sorry ill stop now.

Back