What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting.. With your well known success in the hobby...
:-)) Sorry but that strikes me as funny since it's hard for me to see it that way .... :scratch:
...I would've figured you had a better system than that. Hope they pull through for you man. Never fun losing something as nice as these.
Like many others, I have dreams of having a wonderful climate-controlled greenhouse, great HL & LL setups but the reality is I mostly make do with what I've got. Earlier this year (late winter & spring), I seriously debated creating an Av-type setup for my HL plants to ease their suffering through the heat of the summer months. After pondering the depths of my current obsession, I decided that I would draw a line & not feed it anymore. If some of my HL's suffer so be it. If they decide to croak on me - bummer. Hopefully we'll have a new place in a few years where some of these dreams will be allowed to come to fruition but until then, the HL plants may suffer a bit in my less-than-perfect basement.

On the schizzies in particular, ime, they have demonstrated a smaller sweet-spot-of-happiness than any other plant I've ever grown and they are also quicker to voice their displeasure than other plants (usually - by quickly dying). Thankfully, I've been able to locate that range & keep them within it the vast majority of the time (but not always). ???

They are one in the same Rob. ;) So.. you see it! Thanks again for that by the way. It's in my top 3 favorite sarrs here right now.

So glad to hear that Mass.... Keep that Sarracenia passion goin! :boogie:

those grapes look ... yummy. as always, everything is amazing!

A couple new cuttings I got in trade..

N. truncata x veitchii 'Batu, Buli' & N. sanguinea 'Purple' in the rooting tank.

IMG_6842.jpg

IMG_6843.jpg

This is an upper on the sanguinea 'Purple'. It's a node cutting, so I still get to look forward to those deep purple pitchers! :awesome:

IMG_6847.jpg

The truncata x veitchii is S T U N N I N G! Very nice getting in on that ;)

Very nice and exceptional, were those from Lazarus?

Sa-weet, I should be getting Veitchii Bareo and Ventricosa x [Spathulata x Lowii] from him tomorrow and from the looks of what he sent you I'm super excited now! BTW I was eyeing up that Truncata x Veitchii almost got that instead, looks awesome.

now those are some cuttings! Awesome cuttings mass!

now those are some cuttings! Awesome cuttings mass!

Hey thanks buddy.. you know how I like to go all out when getting stuff.

Sa-weet, I should be getting Veitchii Bareo and Ventricosa x [Spathulata x Lowii] from him tomorrow and from the looks of what he sent you I'm super excited now! BTW I was eyeing up that Truncata x Veitchii almost got that instead, looks awesome.

Good choices.. I've got a cutting of the veitchii Bareo coming shortly as well.

Thought it was about that time..

D. regia nom nom nom

IMG_6875.jpg

N. lowii x spectabilis

IMG_6876.jpg

N. 'Viscarla'

IMG_6877.jpg

SG N. (fusca x veitchii) x Copelandii 'Mt. Apo'

IMG_6878.jpg

IMG_6879.jpg

IMG_6880.jpg

CEPH ZOMBIES COMING OUT OF THE GROUND!! :spazz:

IMG_6884.jpg

stripeys..

IMG_6886.jpg

Loving the leaf coloration on this new N. truncata x ovata. Can't wait to see some pitchers..

IMG_6885.jpg

The lowii x veitchii is looking great, and the N. truncata x ovata looks promising already :)

The lowii x veitchii is looking great, and the N. truncata x ovata looks promising already :)

Thanks buddy. Sorry I scolded you into leaving a comment. :rolleyes:

Hey nice GH! is it indoor? what light are you using to grow all those plants?

Hey nice GH! is it indoor? what light are you using to grow all those plants?

yeah.. it's in my Den. You can start from page 1 for the whole affect. :awesome:
I use an 8 bulb T5HO fixture, and a 4 bulb T12 fixture.

Thanks buddy. Sorry I scolded you into leaving a comment. :rolleyes:

Hahaha . . . it was more of a reminder, I was going to comment, but I kept getting distracted with other things ;)

Plants look beautiful as always mass! Could i request a pic of the darlingtonia that i saw earlier in this thread? I would like to see how they are doing in your conditions.

That Viscarla gets better every time I see it. :grin:

Looking great as usual :bigthumpup:

Back