What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

highland terrarium

uphwiz

jimmy
this terrarium will be my model if i do another one :-)), right If LOL.:-))
I like the three door on two tracks it makes it very easy to get all plants as you can slide the smaller end doors all the way aginst the other end door and the main center door can slide all the way to the right and left and also past the end of the terrarium on both sides, the PVC vent pipe has a dozen holes drilled in it at different angles and is attached to an room humidifier which i barely ever add water too, as the plants seem to do well with just regular watering three times a week, and lots of water stays in the bottom, humidity stays above 65 percent all i do is watch the humidity when it gets down to 65 per i water everything very well and just keep up that routine:-D

IN THE VIDEO NEAR THE END I SAY THAT I JUST PUT IN THE N. talangensis NEP A WEEK OR SO AGAO , I MEANT TO SAY THAT IS THE ONE I POSTED HERE A WEEK OR SO AGO. IVE HAD IT FOR 8 OR MORE MONTHS NOW , Rescued it form a member here. You can see the lid is now open and its coloring up nicely now , i didnt know N. talangensis has such a dark peristome, does anyone here have a N. talangensis, and could you post a pic of it if you do? I'd like to see yours.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5AdVSTWUigw" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great! Where do you get that white plastic material to elevate your plants off the bottom of the tank?

Looks great! Where do you get that white plastic material to elevate your plants off the bottom of the tank?

look in the lighting section of most hardware stores...it is light diffuser panel.

dats the stuff and just cut some pvc pieces all the same length say 1 1/2 to 3 " is all you need , stand them on end and lay the light diffuse grid on top

Nice terrarium and all the plants. The N. talangensis is one of my favorites. Here is mine I took in last year.

03082010%20talan1.jpg

This nep has been sold to a grower since in last year I tried to grow neps in low humidity environment, while N. talangensis loves mild/high humidity. But N. talangensis is so beautiful and I later bought another one which is now forming two large pitchers (I will post pics of them later).

Oh, very cool! Very nice!
Everything looks great!
:-D

very nice jimmy. at least you can get N. talangensis to grow... mine pooped on me the whole time.

Alex

Awsome plants Jimmy. Love the color on them.

uphwiz, if you want to see photos of other Nepenthes talangensis, you should check out the CP Photo Finder.

Righteous setup Jimmy! And of course those are some mighty fine plants that are enjoying it. :)

Back